Talk

Advanced search

Car Seat Vs Carry Cot. Confused.Com!

(2 Posts)
Tinks30 Mon 18-Jul-11 16:45:38

Hi All,
Some help needed please!!!
I'm expecting twins in January (my first pregnancy) and we have started to look already at buggies - alot of them have a long lead time on them so we thought we would start window shopping now.
Anyway what I want to know is can we get away with using just a car seat which you can use both in the car and on the buggy or do we need to get a carry cot? As you can imagine this twin business is going to cost a fortune and I am getting very mixed messages about car seats and whether they are a suitable substitute for a carry cot
Any help, guidance will be greatly received!
confused

MockingbirdsNotForSale Mon 18-Jul-11 23:00:56

Babies cannot lie flat in a car seat and it is recommended that they are not in them for more than 2.5-3 hours at a time I think so it would probably be best to get a pram(s) with lie flat function. Many come with lie flat carrycot that converts into the seat for when they are older. You then get adaptors to slot in a carseat unless you are buying one with a complete travel system.

With twins, you might be best to get 2 0-4 car seats that remain permanently i the car then you have an unconnected pram (which is what someone I know with twins did). It does mean that you can't transfer them in the carseat into the house, but tbh if they're used to being moved then it wouldn't be a drama.

I hope this helps. Congratulations and good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now