Talk

Advanced search

Aluminium free deodorant - any recommendations?

(9 Posts)
kw13 Mon 18-Jul-11 09:28:53

I've tried Bionsen but, quite frankly, it's pants. Anyone got any recommendations? Thanks.

RMutt Mon 18-Jul-11 09:34:43

I was going to suggest Bionsengrin Tbh I'm not finding it terribly effective either these days so will watch this with interest.

I seem to be entering into menopause/hot flush territoryhmm and need something a lot stronger.

I def want to steer clear of aluminium though.

Peanut05 Wed 20-Jul-11 17:34:59

Try The Body Shop. My OH is super-sensitive to deodorants and theirs was the only one that didn't irritate. That said, it was a men's one and I'm not sure if they still do it. confused

So basically a pretty useless response!! Sorry about that!!

redfoxy Wed 20-Jul-11 17:39:40

pitrock? I've been using it for about 15 years, works for me, but for some I know it doesn't.

Quibs Thu 21-Jul-11 14:03:14

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

kw13 Wed 27-Jul-11 13:46:09

Have bought the Pitrock one - thanks Redfoxy. Peanut 05 - will try the Body Shop. I was put off by the outrageous expense - but if it works...Don't mind using a man's one. Thanks all. Much appreciated.

MrsCuldesac Wed 27-Jul-11 19:40:07

Lavilin - mail order only - is absolutely amazing. It's a cream you rub on just-washed armpits before bed, and one application keeps you pong-free for up to a week. You shower and wash as usual, just don't apply any other underarm products. It contains arnica, calendula and camomile. No aluminium, no parabens, no alcohol. I have no idea how it works but have made my family do the sniff test and DD says "You just smell like clean washing". It doesn't mean I don't change my tops every day - but it's great to not have to worry about getting tangy towards evening. It's not an antiperspirant, though - but I don't know any aluminium-free products that are. They also do a foot version which I've not tried. Drawback could be initial cost (about £15) but you only need a dab each time.

lindasones Thu 28-Jul-11 08:50:48

Live Native citrus or essential woman www.bloggersbase.com/fashion--style/on-deodorants/

TheRealMBJ Thu 28-Jul-11 08:56:03

I'm using Tom's Calendula. It's good. I sweat like a pig normally, but it is even worse now that I'm pregnant. It works

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now