Talk

Advanced search

Bike trailers, which one????

(8 Posts)
span14 Sun 17-Jul-11 21:34:51

Hi! I am looking for a bike trailer for my 3 year old and wondered if anyone had any recommendations on makes/models and where is best to buy one. Do all trailers fit all bikes?!! i've looked on e bay and got confused by the choice!
Thanks!

spikemomma Sun 17-Jul-11 22:25:30

Burleys are excellent. Really well designed and sturdy but light. If you fall off the carriage stays up right. Good suspension. I think the Burley d'lite has elbow room, so you can fit two kids in. Only downside is that they are really expensive. Excellent carriages though.

icannotfly Wed 20-Jul-11 18:50:36

Hi there. I would recommend Chariot, it is really great and you can transform it in to a buggy, you can even jog with it smile. They have single and double option. It folds easily and it has lots of storage space. Their hitch is really good quality and yes you can us it with any bike. Check out these:

www.brixtoncycles.co.uk/bike_luggage.html

- Kids Trailers under Load Carrying

and

www.amba-marketing.com/amba_catalogue/index.php?r=1m6b0s31

ragged Wed 20-Jul-11 19:06:34

What is your budget? I recommend Halford's if that's about the right amount. I have a Chariot myself, but they are very pricey. Friend is very happy with her 50 quid job from Ebay, too.

No they don't all fit all bikes, look carefully!

icannotfly Wed 20-Jul-11 19:16:30

hub gear , quick release or bolted they fit. iif you have a wierd rear triangle/drop out then maybe not! what is the bike?

pramsgalore4 Thu 21-Jul-11 00:03:10

i have a croozer kid for 1, it is excellent and its really easy to put on and off the bike

ragged Thu 21-Jul-11 06:19:33

Ideal if you can get a trailer that goes onto either parent's bike.

BikeRunSki Thu 21-Jul-11 07:03:58

We have a Burley - £50 from Ebay, terrific.

If you have disc brakes, and normal "bolt on" trailer that clamps to the rear stay (fork arm thing that goes either side of the back wheel) won't fit, but Burley do an attachment to overcome this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now