Talk

Advanced search

What could I do with my smartphone?

(1 Post)
Kladow Sun 17-Jul-11 21:18:04

I have just received a smartphone as a present and am struggling to work out what I could use it for. I know this sounds strange but I am a SAHM with two children - including a busy 2 year old who is with me all day every day. I can´t drive so I go everywhere by underground but where we live there is no network IN the underground itself (not in UK). I use mumsnet and email in the evening from my MacBook where I have a full keyboard and a large screen - so I can touch type and read much more easily than with the smartphone. Otherwise I have NO time during the day for internet applications as two year old is there needing attention. I have a good camera which is better than the camera on the smartphone, and which cost a lot of money, so I don´t want to start using the smartphone camera just for the sake of it.
Does any other SAHM use a smartphone for something for which they can´t use their home computer? I thought about the notorious flashlight applications but I don´t often go out in the dark and if I do in winter, I have a normal torch. As it was a present from people who I care about I feel too sad to sell it... and it seems too expensive a present just to lose in a drawer for posterity.
Any suggestions???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now