Talk

Advanced search

Fuming at Tommee Tippee Microwave Steriliser!!!!

(4 Posts)
Darnsarfupnorf Sat 16-Jul-11 16:17:40

DD is not even 4 months old and the bottom has almost melted through!!

Always very careful to put water in after OHs infamous bottle melting incident so it cant be that

Thank god MIL bought it in the ASDA sales, if Id bought it and bought it full price there'd be a strongly worded letter heading Mr Tippees way!!! angry

mejon Sat 16-Jul-11 16:57:42

I've never had a problem with mine - it is 5 years old and was used for 2+ years with DD1 and I'm currently using it for 5 month old DD2. It needs 200mls of water in it I think - maybe there wasn't enough in it or it was put on for too long? I run mine for 6 minutes and I have an 800 watt microwave.

Darnsarfupnorf Mon 18-Jul-11 12:27:42

I was about to say it cant be because i do it everytime and i always make sure but Ive just remembered OH used it a few days ago while i was out [hshock] [hshock] [hshock] i think weve found the reason.....

mejon Mon 18-Jul-11 22:22:04

Mystery solved then eh? I tend not to empty mine when I've run it - the water seems to last quite some time and I may just top it up every now and again. May be completely skanky but I'm going on the assumption that the water is boiled/sterilized too so must be ok confused!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now