Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find mattress protector/sheets for child's small bed?

(6 Posts)
willow2 Sun 12-Oct-03 11:17:11

OK - I'm sure the answer is on here somewhere, but I can't find it... so can anyone help point me in the right direction? I need a mattress protector (waterproof) to fit a bed 140cm X 70 - that's 55" X 27". Nearest I can come up with is La Redoute who do 190 x 70 - can anyone do better? Also sheets to fit this size bed? If I use normal single sizes I end up stuffing so much under the bed that it's like some warped version of the princess and the pea.

gingernut Sun 12-Oct-03 11:30:37

Isn't that cot bed size? If so, we got some in John Lewis.

Loobie Sun 12-Oct-03 12:33:42

I got a matress protector not sure of the exact size of it but it covers about 1/2 of my ds normal sized bed so suppose it would fit what your looking for, i got it in boots its fabric on one side and waterproofy on the other side,its great it goes through the machine then straight into the drier i think it was about 15 pounds.HTH

pie Sun 12-Oct-03 12:35:12

That is a cot bed size, I just got a protector from Verbaudet, fabric one side, waterproof the other. Also got fitted sheets.

willow2 Mon 13-Oct-03 10:35:51

Thank you! I knew you lot would come up with the goods. Big thanks to Pie - I've only ever been sent the little "magazine" from Verbaudet so had no idea they did so much other stuff - and in the perfect size I need. Now, finally, ds will have sheets that fit his bed properly!

Crunchie Mon 13-Oct-03 10:44:36

Willow2, I also have the mattress protector from Boots and in some ways I would recommend this rather than a fitted one, as I assume eventually he will move into a full sized single bed and this will still work then. Also I feel that most of teh waterproof mattress proctectors are very 'plasticky' and very sweaty, the Boots one is not. Just a thought mind, it's up to you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: