Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Watch allergy Help

(5 Posts)
Muminator2000 Thu 14-Jul-11 11:09:51

My daughter wants an Ice-Watch for her birthday but she has an allergy to nickel. a lot of watches use this in the backs or straps. I have taken a look at the one she wants (http://www.joshuajamesjewellery.co.uk/products/details/20490.html) but im not sure and its an awful lot of money to spend on something she may not be able to wear. has anyone got any advice on what I should do or if the backs of these watches are plastic ?

Muminator2000 Thu 14-Jul-11 11:10:37

Whoops the website I saw it on was: www.joshuajamesjewellery.co.uk/products/details/20490.html.

Pseudocrem Thu 14-Jul-11 11:12:50

A coat of clear nail varnish on the nickel works sometimes!

feetheart Thu 14-Jul-11 11:23:24

Can you go into a jewelers and have a look?

I have the same thing and haven't been able to wear a watch for years, as you say most of them have metal backs/straps.
Nail varnish has never really worked for me though might for some people. Also be aware that the allergy can 'spread' - it was watches/ear-rings/necklaces as a teenager, glasses started to cause a reaction in my late 30's and by mid-40's even belt buckles set it off confused

If it was my DD I would be very reluctant to spend that much on something that will lie in a drawer after a few days wear - but I am Mean Mummy smile

soundersleep Mon 18-Jul-11 16:45:01

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now