Talk

Advanced search

was going to get dd either dsi or leapster explorer. now found leapad tablet

(7 Posts)
tinkbig Mon 11-Jul-11 21:48:16

was looking on web and found this

www.amazon.co.uk/LeapFrog-LeapPad-Explorer-Tablet-Green/dp/B004Z7H07K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310417180&sr=8-1

have preorder as dds bday is a week after it is realised
this looks much better than a dsi or leapster explorer

cookcleanerchaufferetc Wed 13-Jul-11 05:47:00

I would still g o with a nintendo DS as you will get much more use out of it. I suspect that within a year the leapad will be boring for your dc. Kids don't have leapads at 9, but they do have DS's.

TheRealMBJ Wed 13-Jul-11 06:02:17

Hmm... It would be interesting if it came with different 'app' options. Likethe iPad. May need a product test on this one....

nooka Wed 13-Jul-11 06:02:48

I agree we were given a leapster when our children were young, and it had a very very short life (because to be frank it was a bit crap). Their DS's have been played with for the last five years (by all of us too). But then I'd not buy a DS for a non reading child, so it also depends on how old your dd is.

nooka Wed 13-Jul-11 06:04:50

I'd also not buy something that hasn't been reviewed, and that doesn't have a decent library of titles, as whether these things are fun depends largely on what is available (a big plus for the DS as it's been out for such a long time and has many developers, so a big range of different games are available).

HerRoyalNotness Wed 13-Jul-11 06:22:34

Leapfrog site says it has 100+ apps and games now, has camera and video, suits ages 4-9. Looks fun and I may just be able to claim my iPhone back from my 4yo!

tinkbig Wed 13-Jul-11 10:18:30

i have preordered looks great and dd1 who will be 6 years old in aug on her bday
she already has a ds only plays mario
she got a leapster 2 for her 4th bday and luved but has outgrown now
have seen lots of good games for this it takes explorer games
going to get around the globe, and a couple of other games
says it comes with a art studio and writing game already on it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now