Advanced search

Broadband decision

(5 Posts)
mizu Mon 11-Jul-11 18:41:36

Ok so we have been with AOL for ages, seems to be getting more expensive and today BT rang offering us less for our calls (£13.90 a month instead of £16.90) and broadband for £9.70 a month - homehub or something whatever that is.

Have no idea about broadband - i have asked the guy to call back tomorrow - is BT ok, or is there a better deal to be had?

Any advice would be gratefully received smile

countydurhamlass Mon 11-Jul-11 21:15:04

we are with BT and have had no problems with them although they are not the cheapest. my mother is with talk talk and gets a good deal from them which is a lot cheaper than mine but i am tied in for another seven or eight months on my contract yet

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 11-Jul-11 21:21:27

That's an evening and weekend deal - check if your current deal is anytime calls as that will be The difference in price.
There is a deal that will give you £13.90 for free evening And weekend plus £5 Broadband. Ask about that one!
New home hub is excellent.

mizu Tue 12-Jul-11 10:41:45

Thanks for replies, will have a look around first I think.

BT are pretty reliable, but when things go wrong their customer service is not great. My MiL recently moved to PlusNet, a BT subsidiary with only UK call centres. She likes them and their PlusNet Value package is pretty cheap, if you are in "a 'low cost area'".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now