Talk

Advanced search

Broadband decision

(5 Posts)
mizu Mon 11-Jul-11 18:41:36

Ok so we have been with AOL for ages, seems to be getting more expensive and today BT rang offering us less for our calls (£13.90 a month instead of £16.90) and broadband for £9.70 a month - homehub or something whatever that is.

Have no idea about broadband - i have asked the guy to call back tomorrow - is BT ok, or is there a better deal to be had?

Any advice would be gratefully received smile

countydurhamlass Mon 11-Jul-11 21:15:04

we are with BT and have had no problems with them although they are not the cheapest. my mother is with talk talk and gets a good deal from them which is a lot cheaper than mine but i am tied in for another seven or eight months on my contract yet

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 11-Jul-11 21:21:27

That's an evening and weekend deal - check if your current deal is anytime calls as that will be The difference in price.
There is a deal that will give you £13.90 for free evening And weekend plus £5 Broadband. Ask about that one!
New home hub is excellent.

mizu Tue 12-Jul-11 10:41:45

Thanks for replies, will have a look around first I think.

BT are pretty reliable, but when things go wrong their customer service is not great. My MiL recently moved to PlusNet, a BT subsidiary with only UK call centres. She likes them and their PlusNet Value package is pretty cheap, if you are in "a 'low cost area'".

www.plus.net/packages/?utm_source=findOutMoreBP
www.plus.net/residential/faqs.shtml#prices

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now