Talk

Advanced search

VENTURE PHTOGRAPHY IN WATFORD REFUSED VIEWING OF PHOTOS BECAUSE MY WIFE WAS NOT THERE WHO WAS RECOVERING FROM A C-SECTION!!!!

(12 Posts)
tufal Thu 07-Jul-11 12:03:06

I have recently had a photo session with in June 2011 with Venture Photography in Watford which went really well, I think they managed to get some very good shots of my 2 little boys, a 4 year old and a 2mth old. We made a special effort to go in that day as it is difficult for my wife who had a C-section with 2 month old, and I had to take some time off work. Anyway we arranged to view the photos a couple weeks later. I turned up to view the photos having taken a half day off work, while my wife was not feeling too well and looking after the baby being up all night. I arrived only to be told by Frank that I could not view the photos because both my wife has to be here as well. This is the first time I heard of this and I explained to them that given our situation this is unreasonable. They explained that this was the condition of the photo shoot (which they could not show anywhere in there literature) and that we both need to be thee r to decide on photos. I assured them that this was not necessary and that I was fully capable of deciding on my own. They refused and said that we could re-arrange another date so that we are both there. I almost lost it this point as I had taken time off work and there is no way I can get further time off work, furthermore it was not possible to guarantee both of us being there because of the baby.

Anyway to cut a long story short I got the head office number and asked to speak to CEO, but they pawned me off to customer services, who were very apologetic but to this day (it's been 4 weeks since the actual photo shoot!)have not managed to resolve the matter.

Disgusting!!

Has anyone else had similar problems with Venture Watford who are acting like double glazing companies?

Tufal

ShatnersBassoon Thu 07-Jul-11 12:09:46

Have you paid for anything so far? If not, tell them to shove it and put it down to experience. Go to an independent photographer next time, who'll undoubtedly give better service and a more original photograph.

catinthehat2 Thu 07-Jul-11 12:12:01

1) search the site for Venture Photography

2) realise this is not an isolated incident

3) realise - actually you don't need to pay anything for their overpriced pictures

4) realise - actually it's their problem grin

5) arrange another photo session with a REAL professional photographer, I am sure many recommendations will come your way from Watford land

Yama Thu 07-Jul-11 12:12:27

Ask for your money back.

catinthehat2 Thu 07-Jul-11 12:12:52

'they can shove it' covers it I agree

MrsChemist Thu 07-Jul-11 12:13:42

Venture have a reputation for being shit. I'd just demand a refund and tell them to stick their pictures.

Ormirian Thu 07-Jul-11 12:15:08

How strange? Yes that is quite shit but also quite illogical confused I can't see there is any benefit to them from doing this.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 07-Jul-11 12:17:45

I think they assume women are likely to spend more than men on photos of children, so they need the wife there to get emotional over the photos and buy more.

Ormirian Thu 07-Jul-11 12:18:19

Ohhh.... so sexist and shit.

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 07-Jul-11 12:22:11

Orm - it's two people (one of them a fresh new mum) who they can then try and persuade to buy the photos.

I went to Venture 3 times. Twice viewed on my own and got just the standard £90 photo. Third time DH came along and he got persuaded into a £1000 purchase. Very untypical of him. There was a great photo of DS which he really wanted to get but then thought how can we not get ones of the girls too? So 3 photos, £1000. (DD2 was just a few months old at the time, I doubt she'd have kept us accountable for ignoring her when buying the photos.)

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 07-Jul-11 12:24:48

BTW I think their photos are lovely but I'm house hunting at the moment and I see photos of happy, smiling, jumping families in every house I go, getting to saturation point.

ruddynorah Thu 07-Jul-11 12:29:23

they are like a double glazing company. i'm surprised anyone doesn't know how they operate. for starters a viewing appointment is utter bollocks in the digital age. they want your emotional just had a baby wife there to weep over the photos and buy more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now