Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My search for toothpaste!

(16 Posts)
Cossima Tue 28-Jun-11 20:25:02

My 12 yr old son hates the (strong) taste of standard "minty" toothpastes and therefore it is a real battle to make him "brush up"! I have searched for an alternative flavoured toothpaste (suitable for his age), or at least one with a "mild" mint flavour, but to no avail. Can anyone help, please?!

onepieceofcremeegg Tue 28-Jun-11 20:27:09

My mum bought some organic mandarin toothpaste for my dds. (they hate it btw) but I will have a little google for you.

Also try healthfood shop, they sometimes have alternatives.

thisisyesterday Tue 28-Jun-11 20:28:07

i can't stand dp's toothpaste because it doesn't taste minty enough. he uses crest

celadon Tue 28-Jun-11 20:28:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

onepieceofcremeegg Tue 28-Jun-11 20:28:33

www.greenpeople.co.uk/childrens-mandarin-toothpaste-50ml.aspx?gclid=CP2EtcOq2akCFcRO4QodbDvoMA

Check lower down on that page, there are also citrus and fennel varieties.

onepieceofcremeegg Tue 28-Jun-11 20:29:37

Also I think Wilkos do a sparkly, strawberry type toothpaste but this may be too pink or girly or young possibly?

celadon Tue 28-Jun-11 20:30:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wonkylegs Tue 28-Jun-11 20:44:33

Have you tried kids toothpaste (my DS uses 0-2 tesco kids toothpaste) and that's very mild,
Or you could try: lemon toothpaste www.shopnewzealand.co.uk/en/cp/Lemon_Toothpaste?currency=GBP
Tesco do a strawberry ice cream flavour (personally yuck but each to their own)
Boots do a lemon or a lime tooth cleanser - dawood & tanner,
And www.greenpeople.co.uk do an organic toothpaste in many weird and wonderful flavours

Bluestocking Tue 28-Jun-11 20:48:33

My DS can't stand mint toothpaste either; he has actually burst into tears on the couple of occasions when he's put my toothpaste on his toothbrush by mistake, so I feel very sympathetic to your son! My DS uses Tom's of Maine strawberry - not sure where I bought it but it's not hard to find. I've just looked at Holland and Barrett's website and they have lots of non-minty toothpastes.

eatyourveg Tue 28-Jun-11 21:42:49

there is a licorice flavour one that we used when ds2 went through a hating mint phase. 2 types one with fluoride one without. see here

Cossima Wed 29-Jun-11 17:32:07

Thanks very much for all your replies. I will certainly look into the organic/healthfood shop route. First time I've used this site, but looks fun! Will have to swat up on the acronyms, though!

Cossima Wed 29-Jun-11 19:55:59

bump

WillIEverBeASizeTen Thu 14-Jul-11 07:07:27

OP, try Waitrose. They do a range called Toms of Maine which is Propolis and Myrhh (not just for Christmas grin) also one by Weleda, can't think what flavour that is, but it's not mint. They do tend to be a bit pricey though,anything other than bog standard always is sad

Good luck smile

Crest is vile, IMO - tastes too sugary, bizarrely!
i was going to say Weleda, or try the health food shop as well but everyone else has already said that.
Another option is to get tooth salt/powder - I can't remember why I started using that at one point, but I did - might have been having trouble with the froth from normal toothpaste. Anyway, it's another thought.

duckymum Thu 14-Jul-11 07:55:47

Halos 'n Horns do a fruity toothpaste - have bought in supermarkets.
DD likes it, and it has adult concentration of fluoride which the dentist recommended.

ragged Thu 14-Jul-11 07:59:15

Sainsbury's value/basics tootphaste, costs like 17p/tube. I hate strong flavour toothpastes, too. They are actually painful & burn my mouth. Colgate is like torture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now