Talk

Advanced search

Sheepskin liner - worth it?

(5 Posts)
CitizenOscar Tue 28-Jun-11 07:03:05

Seen loads of people with sheepskin liner things for buggies & prams. Are they worth buying & why? Suggestions of good places to buy? Have seen in mothercare & john lewis for about £50 but that seems expensive.

Madreamer Tue 28-Jun-11 07:13:09

A sheep died to produce that liner, wouldn't use it solely on those grounds. Perfectly good alternative in wool, fleese materials available.

bamboobutton Tue 28-Jun-11 07:27:10

a sheep didn't die purely to make the liner, it is a by product of the meat industry.

i think it's good that every piece of the animal used rather than flung aside to rot.

i got one to keep dd a bit warmer in the winter, i like to think it worked.

Lady1nTheRadiator Tue 28-Jun-11 07:39:43

I have one, they are fab. Keep warm in winter and cool when it's hot. I think DD is a lot more comfortable with it than without. The seat of the Bee+ seems hard and scratchy by comparison. I got mine from Green Baby for about £40 as they often do offers but I think they are worth the full price anyway.

mummydarlingsausage Wed 29-Jun-11 18:38:39

Yes worth it imo. Used them for all dc's in winter and summer. I know i would love to lie on one rather than rough buggy fabric! You can look in the markets for a cheaper skin and cut it to shape. My sil did this and it is nicer than a jojo one i bought which is on the small side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now