Talk

Advanced search

Those sticky hooks

(7 Posts)
Ivortheengine8 Thu 23-Jun-11 16:33:39

That you stick to the wall to hang things on. Do they come off fairly easily without too much damage?

We rent a place and will be here for a long time and wondered if we could use these to hang some pictures up. LL left paint in the garage so we can always paint over any superficial marks.

wimpybar Thu 23-Jun-11 16:36:42

they usually come off when you hang a coat on them grin

thisisyesterday Thu 23-Jun-11 16:37:10

depends what the wall is like tbh, my mums house has awful plaster in it and when she pulled one off a whole mass of plaster came off too!

in some ways you're better using a screw/nail and then just filling the hole and painting over when you move

Ivortheengine8 Thu 23-Jun-11 16:43:54

Haha wimpy! grin
You reckon thisisyesterday? Some of those very thin nails. They are not big heavy pictures either.

thisisyesterday Thu 23-Jun-11 17:12:22

yeah, you can remove them and just fill with polyfilla, scrape it over the top so it's nice and smooth, paint it and you're done.

cabbageandbeans Thu 23-Jun-11 19:16:45

I wouldn't bother with the sticky hooks. Maybe those special picture hooks that go into concrete with one bang - they ARE amazing! Only leaves 2 very little holes, with a little bit of filler on removal - I am sure landlord be cool with that.

ChunkyMonkeyMother Thu 23-Jun-11 21:45:17

Don't waste your money on the sticky hooks! Or the sticky pads that supposedly come off in one easy pull - RUBBISH! We bought a big pack of them as we also rent - they've all fallen off within hours but left a horrible sticky residue which as you can imagine attracts dirt and dust like nobodys buisness, they're now more like little black splodges (despite scrubbing at them)

Just go with a nail and repair job

Good luck!

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now