Talk

Advanced search

Baby baths

(6 Posts)
TadlowDogIncident Sat 11-Jun-11 19:11:27

DS has just outgrown his bath (we had the Tippitoes one, which was shaped so he couldn't slip under the water). He used to absolutely love bath time, but now that we're trying to move him to the big bath we've had a couple of nights where he's screamed like crazy when we try to put him in.

I think he feels insecure but I don't know why because we're holding him all the time and we've got a non-slip mat - on the other hand, the bath is pretty big so he may feel a bit lost in it. Does anyone do baby baths for bigger babies? DS is 10 months. We've tried getting in with him and that doesn't seem to help.

MagnumIcecreamAddict Sun 12-Jun-11 09:25:13

Can't help with a bigger bath suggestion but have you tried adding lots of bubbles (very distracting to my DS)? Or getting in with him for a few nights?

SheCutOffTheirTails Sun 12-Jun-11 09:28:53

DD1 has gone through phases of this with certain baths.

IKEA baby baths aren't too small, and are only around a fiver. Putting the little bath in the big bath can help them get used to the big bath.

HettyAmaretti Sun 12-Jun-11 09:40:29

We don't have a bath so I use the biggest size of these to bath my DC in, they're older so you'd probably need a smaller one. There will be one a size that'll fit in a bath.

PeppaPigandGeorge Sun 12-Jun-11 09:48:57

You could get a bath divider like this - it sections off the big bath so you use less water and they can feel less lost.

pash5 Thu 23-Jun-11 15:44:33

Hmm... this is slightly unconventional, but I have bathed DD in ikea storage boxes (were travelling and there was no bath). I think it was the Samla range, and they come in a bunch of sizes. Will be hard to move a large bath that is full though. Have you tried getting in with DS?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now