Talk

Advanced search

Comfy chairs or beanbags for small girls' bedrooms?

(4 Posts)
Camerondiazepam Tue 31-May-11 21:54:06

MIL wants to buy my 2 DDs (5 and 2) beanbags for their bedrooms. I think she has in mind this sort of thing, the GLTC goldilocks chair, or the JL one but the reviews on some websites say they are really tricky for kids actually to get in and out of, lose their shape easily etc. Do you have any advice on whether to beanbag or not to beanbag, and if not, what chair would you recommend? Budget is about 50 quid each which seems -- an-- awful lot to me.
Lilkelihood is they will end up in the front room so I'd sooner they weren't plastered in Peppa Pig...
Thanks in advance...

Camerondiazepam Wed 01-Jun-11 17:20:30

Bumping hopefully?

CocktailQueen Tue 07-Jun-11 18:35:13

We have one of the GLTC onesin the stripes and it's great BUT the kids would have been as happy with beanbags. They don't just SIT in the chair, they chuck it around, lie on it, play camps with it etc and so a beanbag shape would prob be just as good! You could always buy material from curtainsforkids.co.uk/Pages/kids_fabrics.htm and buy beanbag filling separately and make your own, as they have some fab and gorgeous patterns! hth.

McDreamy Tue 07-Jun-11 18:39:41

My mum bought my DD one of these. She loves it, spends ages reading on it, looks groovy in her bedroom too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: