Talk

Advanced search

If you have an icecream maker do you actually use it?

(10 Posts)
sabretoothtiger Tue 31-May-11 16:48:41

or is it sat at the back of a cupboard?

toying with the idea of getting one

HarrietJones Tue 31-May-11 18:05:36

Dh has a small one. We go through phases but it spends a lot of time in the freezer.

mustdash Tue 31-May-11 18:06:23

Same as Harriet.... blush

HarrietJones Tue 31-May-11 18:06:39

Storage in the freezer I mean rather than it spends a lot of time freezing ice cream

TadlowDogIncident Sat 11-Jun-11 18:46:37

We have one, use it all the time (just as well, as it's one of the big expensive ones with a self-contained freezing unit). Before we got it we had one where you put the bowl in the freezer, but we used that a lot less - it was a real pain having to remember to freeze the bowl 18 hours in advance of making ice cream, and we didn't have space for the bowl just to live in the freezer.

TheOriginalFAB Sat 11-Jun-11 18:47:37

I don't have one but I do make my own ice-cream.

I have a doughnut maker which is shite and a bread maker which I do use.

My streamer was a mistake buy.

TheOriginalFAB Sat 11-Jun-11 18:47:58

steamer, not flipping streamer.

lalalonglegs Sat 11-Jun-11 19:14:36

I have one, I use it quite a lot during summer when there is lots of ripe fruit about, makes an alternative to jam.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sat 11-Jun-11 19:19:28

We have one and it gets used about once a month, more at Christmas Birthdays and the summer

Dh won my heart with his cadbury's flake and baileys ice cream so I guess it is always going to be a winner in our house.

SybilBeddows Sat 11-Jun-11 19:41:34

it comes out a few times a year, usually Christmas and the summer soft fruit season.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: