Talk

Advanced search

What is this brand Beko? Is it any good?

(32 Posts)
HerBeX Wed 25-May-11 21:57:02

Need a new washing machine. Comet have got what looks like it ticks all the boxes, for about 250. V. cheap. Is this because Beko is crap, or is it OK? Anyone know?

HerBeX Wed 25-May-11 22:15:15

nocake Wed 25-May-11 22:50:13

We have a Beko fridge and it's very good.

Moodykat Wed 25-May-11 22:56:57

I have a Beko dishwasher and I love it!

seb1 Wed 25-May-11 23:03:16

I got an indesit from john lewis about 3 years ago it was under £250 came with free delivery and a 2 year warranty and is fine.

BertieBotts Wed 25-May-11 23:04:59

I had a Beko freeview box and it was crap.

BooyHoo Wed 25-May-11 23:05:05

i had a beko washing machine and the repair man (that is relevant) said it was the worst make he had come across in washing machines. mine lasted 18 months.

BertieBotts Wed 25-May-11 23:05:55

Oh no ignore me, it was Sagem, sorry. Have heard dubious things about Beko though.

HerBeX Thu 26-May-11 09:33:49

hmm worstr machine he'd ever come across eh? that's put me off. Maybe I will pay 100 more for the zanussi...

HerBeX Thu 26-May-11 20:51:58

What about Candy? Another crap brand or OK?

vintageteacups Thu 26-May-11 20:56:10

Our Beko washing machine only lasted a couple of years and man said similar thing but our fridge lasted years! Apparently, they are made in Turkey, which is good as they are better insulated.

Checkout phillips whirlpool - have good energy ratings/not too high price/nice looking and last ages.

DrGruntFotter Thu 26-May-11 20:58:26

Message withdrawn

Seona1973 Fri 27-May-11 08:37:24

we have also had a Beko fridge freezer for years. Dont know what their washing machines are like though

QueenofDreams Fri 27-May-11 08:44:19

I have a Beko TV. We've had it a good few years and it's mostly fine still. Haven't had anything else of theirs though

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 27-May-11 08:46:15

My Beko dishwasher is fab and outclasses the pieces of crap I had before.

clayre Fri 27-May-11 08:48:06

I have a beko dishwasher, had it about a year, love it, no probs! Got a beko washing machine a fortnight ago and no probs, im not expecting it to last years and years seeing as i managed to make an expensive bosch only last 3 years!

suzikettles Fri 27-May-11 08:50:16

Beko doesn't do as badly as I thought it would in Which tests. I was looking at fridge freezers though.

I'll go and have a look at washing machines.

(might as well make the subscription I keep forgetting to cancel use for something)

EdwardorEricCantDecide Fri 27-May-11 08:50:18

i have a Beko washing machine it has lasted 4 years so far and never a problem but it takes ages for a cycle about 1 hour for a "quick" wash.

i had a Beko fridge it was crap kept breaking down we got hotpoint firdge instead

suzikettles Fri 27-May-11 08:56:45

Ok, the Beko WME7247W gets a Best Buy label at 71% from Which:

"The WME7247W from Beko is a great all-rounder. This Best Buy cleans and rinses with ease, especially on the 40°C easy-care program. Plus, it's quiet when washing and uses little energy.

Cleaning results are good on the cotton program and outstanding on the easy-care wash."

"Pros: Pros: Great cleaning and rinsing on main programs, plenty of extra programs and functions

Cons: High water consumption on the easy-care program, control panel is fiddly to use"

So as it's about £400 cheaper than the top best buys (all Boschs and Mieles) I'd go for it.

clayre Fri 27-May-11 09:12:26

I got the one suzikettles mentioned and the control panel isnt fiddly!

changeforthebetter Fri 27-May-11 09:20:02

We've got a Beko fridge and it has been fine for several years. Don't know about washing machines though - from vague recollection the pricier brands did better but that was about 8 years ago <<shuffles off irrelevantly grin>>

Ryoko Sun 29-May-11 23:25:11

We had a Beko washing machine in the last flat, it lasted about 5 years and then the pump went. got used once a week.

My mum has had a Candy tumble dryer for at least 8 years, we have a Beko fridge freezer that seems good, been in this flat a year and 3 months, we have our own Beko fridge freezer which we had at the other place which was used for 3 years and is currently in storage awaiting use by anyone who needs one (they only get about £40 in the small adds so there is no point selling it).

Ryoko Sun 29-May-11 23:33:03

Actually you can't really judge all products made by people like Beko the same anyway as they are one of those brands that buys things from other companies and slaps their name on it, so it all really depends on the quality of the products produced by that particular contracted mass producer of white goods at the time.

I had a Beko TV once many moons ago, it blow it's own PSU up, literally it made a right mess of the casing.

HandMini Wed 22-Jun-11 14:03:20

I am Beko-crazy. We have their washing machine, fridge freezer and dishwasher. All a couple of years old now and all functioning fine. If I'd had the money I would have bought Bosch appliances but Beko seems to be suiting us fine for now.

mummytime Wed 22-Jun-11 14:30:33

Depends on how much you use your washing machine. Mine does about a load a day, so I bought a extra big load Bosch one. A cheaper one was fine before the kids grew.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now