Talk

Advanced search

Arm bands for swimming

(5 Posts)
LakeFlyPie Mon 02-May-11 23:16:22

Need to get DS (3) some arm bands for swimming on holiday,

Is there a "must buy" version grin or will cheapies be sufficient?

TIA

scurryfunge Mon 02-May-11 23:20:07

Arm bands are pointless for swimming as they do not encourage a proper body position in the water. A three year old is never unsupervised so doesn't need a buoyancy aid other than fun stuff like floats and inflatables.

Seona1973 Tue 03-May-11 13:14:17

We got some from the early learning centre. An inflatable ring would work too. Ds's were like these. They also do the ring to match: swim ring.

LakeFlyPie Wed 04-May-11 16:53:01

Thanks for your replies.

I agree Scurry and haven't used 'wings' for that reason until now, but he wore a friend's pair recently and love not being held so thought might get some.
There will be floats / noodles etc at the pool.

Had forgotten about rings Seona, might be better.

kes44p Wed 22-Jun-11 19:23:52

We've used the rollups armbags, DD calls them 'airbags'. I like the rollup ones in particular as they're easier to get on and off.

Whilst they don't encourage the right swimming position they do allow for her to be independent in the water and boost her confidence. I also like the fact that you can, little by little, decrease the air (sometimes without them even noticing). At nearly 4 my DD was swimming wearing just 1 flat one, it's taken a while for her to learn that it is flat and not helping though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now