Talk

Advanced search

i am about to buy a Henry. sell it to me or stop me if i will regret it please.

(71 Posts)
HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 27-Apr-11 19:09:53

All positives and negatives needed please.

My dyson is pants. Same part keeps breaking, and whilst it is replaced under warantee every 6-9 months I am fed up with it and have been.looking for alternatives. Henry seems popular on here...is it really that good. No pets but 4 of us have long hair

littlemisslost Wed 27-Apr-11 19:11:33

had a henry for five years and battered it! decided to get something different this time, after about 5 weeks went out and bought another henry! enough said???

ChippingInLovesEasterEggs Wed 27-Apr-11 19:13:38

We used to use them and his big brothers commercially - they're brilliant.

DuplicitousBitch Wed 27-Apr-11 19:15:47

had a dyson for about 15 years still going strong. testament to the henry brand or my lack of hoovering - take your pick!

DuplicitousBitch Wed 27-Apr-11 19:15:58

sorry not dyson - henry

SingingTunelessly Wed 27-Apr-11 19:16:18

Agree Dyson is pants. Miele all the way from now on, they are brilliant. Heard good things about the Henry from others but I wasn't convinced by mine although admittedly it was about 10 years ago that I had one.

hotandhappy Wed 27-Apr-11 19:17:19

arent they heavy? i have a dyson - had no probs in 16 years well apart from a snapped belt which smelt like on fire so i threw it in garden in a panic.

frogs Wed 27-Apr-11 19:17:21

Henry much better than dyson, and half the price. No-brainer.

Jojay Wed 27-Apr-11 19:18:26

We've had a Henry for 9 odd years with no trouble whatsoever. Go for it!

mandoo Wed 27-Apr-11 19:20:22

It's gotta be a miele every time for me had a Henry as well but Miele better.

yomellamoHelly Wed 27-Apr-11 19:20:48

Have had a Henry for five years. Is quite battered, but still excellent sucker. Need to replace hose as end bit is cracked/has split (used it on some builder's rubble!). Am very happy with it and really must get myself organised.
Had a Dyson before that which died after three years despite five year guarantee. Few niggles with it so considered it over-priced for what it was so replaced it with el-cheapo one which lasted maybe six months. Then got the Henry.

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 27-Apr-11 19:22:12

Meile was what I was planning...but Henry swans more highly rated and half the price.

Ginabraz Thu 28-Apr-11 13:26:01

Miele are brilliant

HauntedLittleLunatic Thu 28-Apr-11 13:30:56

Argghhhhhh I was just about to walk out of the door to buy my Henry.

I don't know what to do now confused

notnowbernard Thu 28-Apr-11 13:32:56

I LOVE MY HENRY grin

Gets up everything. Super long lead. Numerous attachments. Quiet

I will also add that Henry is the Builders' Choice of hoover (according to DP, anyway - reckons that all sites use them)

charitygirl Thu 28-Apr-11 13:33:58

You'll NEVER regret a Henry. Get out the door!

notnowbernard Thu 28-Apr-11 13:34:06

Henry also likes Polly Pocket hmm

A useful incentive to make small people clean up a bit, anyway...

HauntedLittleLunatic Thu 28-Apr-11 13:35:08

Well I am thinking that Henry's smile would be an incentive for DTDs to actually use teh thing!

Bunglie Thu 28-Apr-11 13:40:17

Buy... Buy..... Buy....!
I bought a henry on the advice of a builder... it suck up the carpet, the tiles everything. It is brilliant, easy and cheap. If in doubt buy a henrietta!

mamasmissionimpossible Thu 28-Apr-11 13:46:47

Sorry to play devils advocate here - I have a Henry and I don't really like it. It doesn't seem to be very powerful even with the extra power button switched on, or perhaps I just have very messy dc's. I would go for a Miele next time.

Bunglie Thu 28-Apr-11 14:20:32

Soooooo Sorry, but I love my Henry. However I hate the dyson but dh loves it as he says he has a bad back.... well more excorsise me thinks, he can hoover with it if he wants but a Henry is great if you don't want an upright and something with a lot of sucking power. I find it good as it is very practical for wheelchair users, none of the equal and opposite Newtonian physics just a clean floor. I would love a Miele but just can't afford it. I may be lucky but I have never had a problem with Henry and it even sucks up sick! What more could you want? smile

HauntedLittleLunatic Thu 28-Apr-11 15:15:22

Henry is sitting in my lounge.

Dcs are currently racing around tidings so they can use him grin

Tryharder Tue 10-May-11 11:28:04

Thanks for this. Just come onto Products thread for first time ever to ask about Henry vs Dyson but saw this thread so don't have to bother. I currently have 3 knackered Dysons in my house and thought enough is enough. Am going onto Amazon now to order my Henry.

BluddyMoFo Tue 10-May-11 11:30:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stropperella Tue 10-May-11 11:34:03

I have a Henry Turbo and love it. I had a Miele, which was OK but didn't last long because it had too much to cope with in our house (building dust, pet hair). Also, the bags for the Henry are way, way cheaper than those for the Miele - which are a complete rip-off. I got my Henry direct from the manufacturers (Numatic) for a better price than anywhere else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now