Looking for good children's headphones

(9 Posts)
headfairy Sat 19-Mar-11 17:41:55

Can anyone recommend some good headphones for younger children, say aged 4-5 please? It's for listening to dvd player in the car, all the ones we've looked at the reviews say they're too quiet - I know they have limited sound to protect children's ears - but reviewers say their children can't hear when watching dvd's in a car.

Seona1973 Sat 19-Mar-11 20:43:11

we got some kids Sony ones from Tesco (came in blue and pink) which seem to work ok

kiwidreamer Thu 31-Mar-11 14:42:53

Hmmm I dont know about volume in a car but the ones we have were fine with the iPad in an airplane?? They are JVC brand (model HA-KD10) they come in blue and pink and have really nice spongey ear muffy bits. DS is 2.5yrs but more like the size of a 3.5yr old, he wears these with the headband extender thingy retracted so when extended these will easily fit up to around 8 to 10yrs I'd guess.

kes44p Wed 22-Jun-11 19:41:41

We've had these: www.amazon.co.uk/Griffin-GB10027-MyPhones-Kids-Headphones/dp/B002U5EOZU/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1308767969&sr=1-3
for nearly a year and they're great. DD removed one of the foam covers and Griffin's customer service were fantastic - sent a replacement pair, no cost, no quibble from the States.
They're supposed to be decibel limiting too but I can't vouch for that.

mjbrown Sat 16-Jul-11 17:49:50

I've just bought a couple of pairs of dB Logic sound limiting earphones for my two boys (7 and 9).

These dB Logic headphones don't need batteries and limit sound pressure level to 85 dB, no matter how loud they turn up the volume on their MP3 players.

It's great to know that they can't damage their hearing, no matter how loud they turn up the MP3 player. smile

samanthasays Thu 05-Mar-15 12:44:08

This thread seems quite old but I thought I would share recent headphones I bought as I was searching for a while for something inexpensive, the griffin link above doesn't seem to exist any more but I found these Groov-e ones:
www.amazon.co.uk/Groov--Kiddies-Headphone-Volume-Limiter-Blue-Green/dp/B00R1FNK8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425559095&sr=8-1&keywords=gv591
I've got three boys from 5 to 10 and I always have to get them the same (I'm sure other mums can sympathise!). But at £12.99 its done the trick! The boys love them and there's a volume limiter at 85DB so they can't put it on too loud, this was a requirement. Bought my niece one too as they have a purple white one. Hope it helps other mums!

whatsagoodusername Thu 05-Mar-15 12:49:11

We have these. Got them at age 2, still in use at 4, expect them to be good for several more years.

jireland Tue 05-Apr-16 16:16:07

Hi,

I've tried a number of headphones for kids. JVC, Groov-e and Kids Gear. All broke and went without. Went with Urbanz, and been really impressed. I did have an issue just under a year, where my heavy handed 7 year old trod on them. Year warranty with Urbanz, they were very helpful and wanted to keep me happy so issued a replacement. I was very impressed. Hence the share. The model I went for was a Vibe headphone.

www.cyw-urbanz.com/kids-headphones-for-children-and-school.html

jireland Wed 17-Aug-16 14:45:55

I saw via social media that you can get the Urbanz vibe's on Amazon UK at the discounted price of £7 - if you use the code, 7PXH9AZ7 in the checkout you get another 10% too. So in essence £6.30. Thought I'd share.

I'm thinking of getting my older son some Bluetooth headphones. Any got a set of these? He likes Marvel yet for £30 are they worth it?

www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Headphones-Limiter-Avengers-Technology/dp/B0108J9WPG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1471441351&sr=8-8&keywords=kids+headphones+bluetooth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now