Talk

Advanced search

children's easel wanted

(8 Posts)
supadupapupascupa Thu 17-Mar-11 09:01:23

hiya

can anyone recommend an easel please for my toddler?

i want a chalk board and magnetic whiteboard.

they're not cheap, so i want to know which one's are good or bad before i buy.

paper-roll or clips?

thanks
smile

butterpieify Thu 17-Mar-11 09:11:24

We have this one: http://www.elc.co.uk/Wooden-Art-Easel---Blue/124821,default,pd.html

It has a paper roll, magnets to hold sheets of paper, a white board and a chalkboard, as well as a tray on each side for chalks and crayons etc.

We have had it now for over a year, and my 1 year old and 4 year old still use it pretty much every day - it is our most used toy.

butterpieify Thu 17-Mar-11 09:11:47

Link again

supadupapupascupa Fri 18-Mar-11 08:35:03

hiya,

On this recommendation i went to see it yesterday. It does everything I need but the display model was really wobbly like it was not built properly. Is yours sturdy?

butterpieify Fri 18-Mar-11 11:33:46

Ours is very sturdy, and gets leaned on and battered by two kids daily. It did get a bit wobbly, but we tightened the screws and it was ok again.

The paper roll does need a screwdriver to replace though- I would say that is the main downside. Although tbh, when the first paper roll ran out, we switched to sticking our usual paper to the whiteboard with magnets and have never quite got around to buying another roll.

I beleive there is a plastic version that might be more sturdy, but bear in mind that, with it being so big, you will have to look at it every day

It was a present from my sister, who ordered it online and had it sent here.

kiwidreamer Thu 31-Mar-11 14:45:39

We have the Melissa and Doug easel that you can find on Amazon, its fantastic, would thoroughly recommend it.

kes44p Wed 22-Jun-11 19:38:27

Melissa and Doug easel here too. It hasn't got a magnetic whiteboard, but it's sturdy and well designed. I managed to buy ours for £30 and it was a bargain, they're closer to £50 now. I'd highly recommend M&D products, especially their easel.

bluebump Wed 22-Jun-11 19:42:58

We have this one which is great. It has legs that start off small and you can make them longer when you want it higher up. It has little clips at the top so you can wedge some paper under them so kids can paint/draw that way too and it has the magnetic whiteboard and blackboard you are looking for. It's really sturdy as our DS climbs all over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now