Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Marks & Spencer trouser lengths?????

(11 Posts)
Tinker Mon 17-Oct-05 14:49:55

What would regular mean to you? I'm 5'6", not long-legged. Was bought some trousers for birthday - wrong size . Changed them assuming regular = fine. Wore them Sat evening (couple of hours). Were pi$$ing me off because were riding up my calf. Now M&S won't exchange for long because say have been worn. (I know they have so don't shout at me.) Just aarrrgggghhhing at their stupid sizes/lenghths in first place.

RachD Mon 17-Oct-05 14:56:24

I wear M&S 'short' - being only 5'2'' - they fit perfectly.
At 5'6'', I would have assumed you need the 'long'.
Did the regular look o.k. when you first tried them on ?

Tinker Mon 17-Oct-05 14:58:57

I never need long, really am not long-legged, 5' 6" is average, non? Length ok when tried on without shoes. Grr. Being bootcut, I wore boots with them. How stupid of me. Actually, didn't really check length, more hips/bum etc. Boyfriend had bought me a bigger size

Bewitched Mon 17-Oct-05 15:56:48

I'm 5ft 7 and would expect to wear regular, not long. But M&S sizing is crap from start to finish. Expect you could pick up another pair in exactly the same size and find that they were 6 inches longer.

That's M&S for you. Nice practical stuff, but NEVER buy anything from them without trying it first.

buffytheharpsichordcarrier Mon 17-Oct-05 16:02:48

am v surprised - I am 5'6" and regular have ALWAYS been fine for me
long I would have thought for taller than 5'7"

Jbck Mon 17-Oct-05 18:56:00

I'm 5'3" & buy M&S regular. I do have long legs for my height tho' I've a 30" inside leg (give or take a couple of mm's). Marks short is about 27/28 & regular is 30 iirc.

LIZS Mon 17-Oct-05 19:07:38

Did they have lycra in them - find they can ride up a bit especially if I'm sitting for long. Would have thought regular was fine. I got short Per Una jeans the other week and I'm about a 28" inside leg. Wouldn't guarantee consistency across all the ranges though.

Tinker Mon 17-Oct-05 19:44:36

Yes, they do have lycra in them and are Per Una. Partner is going to try another branch

Lonelymum Mon 17-Oct-05 19:48:09

I am 5' 8" with quite long legs so I would always go for a "long" size in M&S but they are usually generous on me so if you are 5' 6" I would have thought regular was right for you.

suedonim Mon 17-Oct-05 20:39:10

I'm 5'6 and always wear long, whatever the make. Anything shorter ends up round my knees!

S2SPS Wed 08-Nov-17 01:18:16

Bought a regular 12, wearing a reg 14 getting too big due to weight loss. Got home, trouser length 4 inches (10cm!) too long! Went back, selected a "short", clearly too short so grabbed another "regular" off the rail, compared the returning regular with the replacement regular and there is a 5cm difference! Standards gone to pot. Tried emailing head office, no response. The answer is, if you don't have time to try, don't buy. A 14 reg wide leg pant, destined for work was 20cm too long and slid over my hips - now at local charity shop marked as a 16-18 long as I hadn't managed to return in time. Beware!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now