Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used this ikea delivery service?

(14 Posts)
Saker Thu 13-Oct-05 23:04:15

here . I wondered if it was legit and worked okay. Seems a bit too good to be true (we live about 1h away from the nearest IKEA).

skinnycow Thu 13-Oct-05 23:05:12

hmmm doubt it but worth ringing ikea to check. I used their delivery service but ordered it instore after purchasing my goodies

skinnycow Thu 13-Oct-05 23:06:58

Nominet web registration details

misdee Thu 13-Oct-05 23:07:57

ikea dont do online ordering. u go into store, pick your stuff pay for it and then arrange delivery.

FrightfullyPoshFloss Thu 13-Oct-05 23:10:48

Likewise I ordered mine instore. The delivery department of your local store will know if this is legit. Seems a bit odd. The delivery system in store was very efficient and not to expensive IIRC.

skinnycow Thu 13-Oct-05 23:11:36

website questions

2. Can I purchase IKEA products on the web?
Only Sweden, Denmark and Germany currently sell products online. In the future, the ambition is to roll out this e-commerce platform to additional countries including the UK when the right infrastructure is in place.

Saker Thu 13-Oct-05 23:11:58

Gosh lots of quick replies! Thanks
Sorry yes, I know it's not IKEA that does it. It's an obvious business opportunity to take orders from people and deliver them, but it would be quite an easy way to run a scam so I wondered if anyone knew about it?

marthamoo Thu 13-Oct-05 23:12:23

That looks well dodgy to me ! It's not anything to do with Ikea is it?

Weatherwax Thu 13-Oct-05 23:12:35

There is a company in Brighton called (I think)Mike Ear. They collect and deliver Ikea furniture and put it up for their customers. According to the news its a booming busness and they are very good with the construction because they have assembled so many .

Saker Thu 13-Oct-05 23:13:05

But they have made the website look a bit like it is actually IKEA and that makes me suspicious also.

Weatherwax Thu 13-Oct-05 23:14:01

Mike Ear make it clear they are nothing to do with the company

Saker Thu 13-Oct-05 23:15:25

The Mike Ear service looks really good. Unfortunately doesn't cover our area.

Saker Fri 14-Oct-05 21:21:23

Look at this site . They are claiming that the site I was asking about is a scam! Not sure that their site looks much better. Think I had better stay well clear

teamzook Fri 27-Nov-15 20:45:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now