Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Anti-cellulite trainers for your feet, anyone else heard of them?

(12 Posts)
RockingRosebud Mon 08-Sep-03 20:07:09

Read an article in The Sunday Times Style supplement at the weekend about MBT (Masai Barefoot Technology) trainers (£119) which apparently tone your legs and butt and help reduce cellulite.

A quote from the article as follows 'But these shoes forced me upright, just to stay balanced. The wedge sole has a pivot point under the heel that makes you walk more actively and I could certainly feel my leg muscles responding not to mention those in my stomach and bottom'.

This article was written by Harriet Griffey don't know if she owns the company that makes them but they sound fab. But what about the £119!

Would interested to hear if anyone has heard anything else or got a pair.

twiglett Mon 08-Sep-03 20:08:15

message withdrawn

RockingRosebud Mon 08-Sep-03 20:35:01

I've just bought some, went on a few websites and they said how healthy they are blah blah blah and I didn't really get a birthday present apart from an office chair so that's it I've done it.

The people distributing them are mostly pilates teachers apparently but I think mine are coming from the US as Ive had to pay $18 postage.

They probably saw me coming! Will report when they arrive.

lou33 Mon 08-Sep-03 21:03:38

Maybe you could hire them out like a lending library RRR, to reclaim your costs?!

marthamoo Mon 08-Sep-03 21:54:56

but I don't have cellulite on my feet

Bogwoppit Mon 08-Sep-03 22:01:19

ah but which sort did you get. I was intrigues by this so looked - they do business shoes, casual shoes, trainers & sandals.

lizbell Wed 10-Sep-03 19:50:16

Just ordered a pair. Liked the look of the white trainers best. You can buy them from www.loveyourfeet.com The woman I spoke to raves about them and said the article didn't exaggerate how good they are! They sound like a miracle cure.

RockingRosebud Wed 10-Sep-03 21:54:11

I went for the trainers too, decided I was far more likely to put on trainers than go up the gym! But I did start keep fit this morning and I can wear them there instead of the men's lime green ones I wore this morning with my husband's tracksuit bottoms!

RockingRosebud Wed 10-Sep-03 21:54:43

I went for the trainers too, decided I was far more likely to put on trainers than go up the gym! But I did start keep fit this morning and I can wear them there instead of the men's lime green ones I wore this morning with my husband's tracksuit bottoms!

RockingRosebud Wed 10-Sep-03 21:54:53

RockingRosebud Wed 10-Sep-03 21:58:08

oooooeeeerrrr sorry!

RockingRosebud Mon 29-Sep-03 22:12:08

They're here! They are a bit strange to wear, have only kept them on for an hour so far and will have another go tomorrow. They come with a video too!

www.loveyourfeet.com

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: