Talk

Advanced search

TV ariels - help!

(5 Posts)
stickyj Sat 15-Jan-11 14:49:50

Finally decided that because we rent our lounge TV that we are going to have one in our bedroom and that finally the two teens (16 and 12) can also have a small flat screen TV each. Was advised by the rental company to buy small digital set top ariels and did so, bought a cheap and an expensive one to try.

Man comes out today as we can't tune them in and says that we need to connect our roof ariel to all the sets, by running wires through the walls into the back of each TV. We have a cable TV in the lounge so don't use the ariel on the roof for that. Not being tight, but to drill holes through our wall, (roof conversion) and two teen bedroom walls is going to be expensive and messy, I think. Anyone had to have this done and any ideas of costs please?

stickyj Sat 15-Jan-11 14:57:28

bumping for help please

PocketMouse Sat 15-Jan-11 15:01:29

Do you have a roof aerial that works? We had to change ours recently to get all the channels.

We did do this, but just drilled through ourselves - it wasn't particularly expensive, just the cost of the cable and boxes.

and, purely because I'm bloody nosy, why are you renting?

stickyj Sat 15-Jan-11 15:19:24

Hi

Went on a website that said we didn't need to change the ariel, that when it went digital it would pick up all the channels. Was it difficult to do all thr drilling stuff, we have an old house and the plaster's crap! We've rented for a long time, we get updated every so often and if the TV's need repairing someone can come out. I have thought about buying but don't have enough spare cash to save up for all of them.

PocketMouse Sat 15-Jan-11 15:38:40

Have you got a loft? The easiest way would be to drop cables down from there. Ours goes through a fitted cupboard and then through the wall cavity.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: