Talk

Advanced search

Britax First Class Plus and Nissan Micra

(2 Posts)
takethatlady Mon 03-Jan-11 17:52:47

Hi there,

I'm 15+1 and am looking into car seats and prams, and getting completely confused.

In particular, I have no idea what you're meant to do about a car seat. According to the Britax Fit Finder one seat that should fit our 2009 Nissan Micra is First Class Plus (which is a combination seat, so should last until the baby is 4). But do you have to buy fittings or a base as well as the seat?

Apparently the Nissan Micra has isofix points but is also notoriously difficult to fit for a car seat. In general, if a car already has isofix points do you still need to buy a base, or are the bases to convert cars which do not have isofix points?

Sorry to be so dense about this!

takethatlady Mon 03-Jan-11 19:07:20

Okay, I think I've figured out you need an isofix base if you want an isofix seat (which we do as our car is a 3-door, too, and it seems easier to click the car seat in and out from the front than to grapple with all the belts). And that the Britax seat I mentioned is not isofix.

I'm not looking at the Maclaren Techno XLR pushchair which is reduced to £200 at Mothercare at the moment (and I have a £50 voucher). It has lots of good reviews and can be combined with a Maclaren car seat to make a pushchair. The seat is £139.99 at Tesco's (£60 of Clubcard vouchers will knock it down to £80 for us) and it requires a Recaro Isofix base, which seems to be roughly £75 wherever I look. All this seems pretty good, but I can't find out if it will fit my car ...

So has anyone got a Recaro Isofix base in a Nissan Micra? (stupidly precise question, I know ...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now