Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone please recommend a sleep station or mid sleeper bed?

(7 Posts)
goingbacktowork Tue 28-Dec-10 14:49:04

Due to space limitation I was thinking of getting one of these for my 4 year old. My daughter already has a shaker style Julian Bowen bed (they also make sleep stations) but this has marked and chipped so badly in only 6 months (cheapish bed and made from soft pine so not hard wearing wood) I was not over keen about buying the same make again. Basically I just want a bed which cones with some storage. Any ideas? Thanks

Shhhh Tue 28-Dec-10 18:45:51

we have 2 from next. One for ds (3) in oak colour and the other for dd (5) in white.

Only had them about 3 weeks and we are v impressed... dd's in white look and seems more hard wearing (not what we expected tbh) and is more sturdy.

Inc and built in desk and items to arrnage underneath or in the bedroom: drawers, cupboard and shelf.

Both would need eventually a wardrobe..

will link below:

gracie bed

goingbacktowork Tue 28-Dec-10 20:10:16

look fab - wanted to try and get something a bit cheaper but don't think wil be able to and this looks very swish. Thanks vey much

DilysPrice Tue 28-Dec-10 20:15:28

DD has a very good one from M&S.
here

Crucially, the price includes all the furniture and a good quality mattress and two nice men who bring the boxes upstairs and assemble it in situ for you (you do have to give those back thoughsad). So a very good deal IMO.

DilysPrice Tue 28-Dec-10 20:17:25

Oh, damn, just checked the small print on that link, and the M&S price no longer includes a mattress - it used to.

hocuspontas Tue 28-Dec-10 20:19:23

I bought dd3(12)a Stompa Rondo a few months ago with lots of cube style storage and a desk. It seems rock solid. New, this combination is about £800, but I got it for £120 from Ebay. Would recommend it especially as it withstands a lot of bouncing etc from dd and friends!

Shhhh Tue 28-Dec-10 20:21:20

was just about to say that dilys!
We were between ordering dd&ds the one from m&s and next and the fact that m&s assembled it nearly swayed it for us BUT we then decided to go with next... can't remember why..hmm..Maybe slightly cheaper from next iir.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now