Talk

Advanced search

Lovely blanket for 1 year old girl?

(8 Posts)
CoffeeMum Fri 17-Dec-10 07:48:37

Hello, i'm looking for a special blanket for my DD's first birthday - it should be somewhere between cotbed size and single bed size, and i'd like to spend up to £50, maybe a tiny bit more if it's very special.
Any ideas? I've generally liked the ones in Zara home, but no specific one has grabbed me. I'm looking for something pretty and feminine, but not too 'baby specific' as i'd like her to be able to keep in in the future as a keepsake.
Any pointers or suggestions would be gratefully received - and if i can order it online, so much the better grin.
Thank you!

Yorky Fri 17-Dec-10 09:25:56

All my DC have one from mrmoleblankets, not fancy but soft warm and personalised

CoffeeMum Sat 18-Dec-10 09:57:01

Thanks Yorky, both my children have had been given similar as gifts - but i'm more after a bed cover style blanket rather than a comforter type blanket if you see what i mean. I'm thinking of something a bit floral-y or patchwork-y - i suppose Cath Kidston with a lower price tag!
Thanks if anyone can help smile

Mrmagnoliasmissingboot Mon 03-Jan-11 21:17:28

May be too late but my girls both have a fleece cot bed blanket from johnlewis which has a princess embroidered in the middle (about 10cm high only). The combed size is just right for going on top of a single bed without too much extra down the sides and not too big for the back of the car either. Not sure if they still do them though but worth looking for something similar?

MarineIguana Mon 03-Jan-11 21:20:27

I was in a big branch of White Stuff today and they had some lovely blankets.

Also habitat have nice ones (check kids section as well as adults) and Ikea is worth a look.

thisisyesterday Mon 03-Jan-11 21:26:06

these are lovely

pointydog Mon 03-Jan-11 21:32:12

oo I like the brora polka dot. Unfortunately it's pram size. Although I suppose it could go over a buggy.

I'll be looking for a nice present for my nephew's 1st.

pointydog Mon 03-Jan-11 21:36:30

ah. I have just seen they do bed size too for £49

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now