Talk

Advanced search

Is it legal to put pushchair in car with back seat folded down?

(7 Posts)
Esme11 Sat 11-Dec-10 21:50:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sazm Sun 12-Dec-10 10:21:21

personally i wouldnt as if you were in an accident the pushchair could be squashed against the baby.

i used to put mine in with half the back seat folded and put baby in front beside me (no front airbag)

5ElvesMooningSanta Sun 12-Dec-10 10:23:28

Not sure if it is legal or not, but I wouldn't.

The chassis of the pram folds quite small, so maybe you could put that in the boot if you removed the wheels and the seat bit in the back secured by a seatbelt?

ChasingSquirrels Sun 12-Dec-10 10:28:08

tbh, it is v v likely that once the baby is 6mo you will be fed-up to the back teeth with your super-duper-whizzy-all-in-one pram, and want something smaller and lightweight.

If you walk a lot, then the big ones are lovely.
If you drive places and walk a little when there, then the big ones are a massive pain in the arse.

For ds2 I had an enormous rear-facing 3-wheeler. I LOVED that pushchair. But I almost never put it in the car - it lived in the garage (unfolded) and was used every day when taking ds1 to school.

I also had a small lightweight rear-facer (from ds1, that I got after I realised the travel system was a nightmare) that lived, folded, in the boot of the car and was used on the vast majority of trips out.

The only times the big one went in the car was if we were going out specifically for a walk, taking dog etc, rather than going shopping.

LIZS Sun 12-Dec-10 10:29:08

Not aware it would be illegal but would suggest you will rapidly find it a faff and yearn for an umbrella fold buggy or new car !

octopusinabox Sun 12-Dec-10 11:57:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheMonster Sun 12-Dec-10 12:02:35

I wouldn't do it. Choose a smaller buggy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: