Talk

Advanced search

Anyone seen any bargain le creuset (or equivalent) anywhere?

(11 Posts)
octopusinabox Sat 04-Dec-10 16:54:30

My 22cm cast iron stock pot has broken and I need a new one. Le creuset is extortionate so can't afford that (at least not full price) so has anyone seen any bargains around please? I've looked on amazon and they have chasseur ones but even they are pretty expensive.

Obviously it would need to be orange coloured only so as not to commit a mumsnet faux-pas (just kidding - any colour would do - even aubergine grin)

thanks

LIZS Sat 04-Dec-10 16:59:49

apparently Sainsburys have a range, not sure what colours though or try an outlet store.

Marlinspike Sat 04-Dec-10 17:01:02

Morrisons did do some orange ones (a stockpot and dish), but the stockpot wasn't massive.

said Sat 04-Dec-10 17:02:27

Don't IKEA do something equivalent?

LIZS Sat 04-Dec-10 17:03:23

here Not in stock online though

BrandyButterPie Sat 04-Dec-10 17:04:13

TK Maxx sometimes have them, but you just need to keep an eye out. I got a lot of mine in a big set from Makro last Christmas.

said Sat 04-Dec-10 17:06:28

here I know that's the American site but do them here as well

lucy101 Sat 04-Dec-10 17:09:11

A friend in France had the Ikea cast iron stockpot... and it is lovely to cook with (I tried it) and she was raving about it (and is a serious cook who is also loaded so has Le Creuset too!).

lucy101 Sat 04-Dec-10 17:12:09

This is the one she had:

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50087699

although there is also this one:

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70131724

and a similar one a bit larger.

octopusinabox Sat 04-Dec-10 17:33:03

Ooh, that was a quick response - thank you.

The one I had before was a tescos supposidly better quality one but the enamel started to peel off. I already have a massive chasseur one but like a smaller one for dishes like paella and bol.

I looked in sainsburys today but didn't see any so will check out the website.

My nearest ikea is about 3 hours away so not feasable sadly - they do seem to have some decent stuff though don't they.

Hadn't considered tkmaxx so might ask my sister to look in her for me - she always seems to find really nice stuff in there whereas when I go in it's just seems to be full of crap.

Santa24D Sat 04-Dec-10 18:28:02

Ikea deliver, you know...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now