Talk

Advanced search

DD needs some nice quality grey tights for school but where from?

(14 Posts)
LauraNorder Wed 01-Dec-10 18:22:05

She normally has M&S school tights but they have all got big holes in at the crotch and after reading their website it seems this is happening all the time and so I don't really want to replace them with more of the same.

Where can I get warm, quality, girls tights from?

PandaG Wed 01-Dec-10 18:23:06

Matalan ones doing well so far for my hard on clothes 8 yo

BooBooGlass Wed 01-Dec-10 18:24:24

John Lewis are the only tights my dd doesn't destroy. Avoid Sainsburys ones like the plague, she had a pair that lasted one lesson before ripping clean in half, front to back shock confused

Marne Wed 01-Dec-10 18:25:32

Next? they seem to last with my dd's.

MayorNaze Wed 01-Dec-10 18:26:21

H&M. or sainsburys
H&M better though

MayorNaze Wed 01-Dec-10 18:26:40

ok maybe not sainsburys blush

Lulumaam Wed 01-Dec-10 18:27:33

Zara, M&S or matalan IME

MadameCastafiore Wed 01-Dec-10 18:29:25

I second John Lewis - now buy all school wear there as it lasts and the colour doesn't wash out (had to take all fo DS and DDs jumpers back last year after a term as tyhey looked awful!) The lady at M&S refuted that they didn't look their bwst until I showed her internet print out of lots of complaints on their review page about colour washing out of jumpers!

I have had to take one cardigan back to John Lewis and they were fab - no quibbling - took it back and gave me an immediate refund!

Mind you I am sure I have a big huge red star flashing next to my name on their system due to amount I actually spend in there!

LauraNorder Wed 01-Dec-10 18:33:12

Already checked out John Lewis - out of stock in her size [size]

Next - also have a bad review.

H&M could only find cable tights, was I looking in the wrong place?

Will look at Zara and Matalan smile

nancydrewrockinaroundxmastree Wed 01-Dec-10 18:36:57

I bought some form Next and they have been pretty good. The M&S ones have literally disintergrated.

LauraNorder Wed 01-Dec-10 19:37:49

Was looking at the wrong Next ones, found the rights ones, guess what? Sold out in DD's size angry bugger!!!!!

bumpybecky Wed 01-Dec-10 19:41:55

not Asda - they have odd non fitting feet

MilaMae Thu 02-Dec-10 22:54:23

I always get Next,I size up big time so she has them for a loooong time. The feet are good,they don't look like Norah Batty if big either.I'm amazed you get on with M&S ones,I hate them,no foot.

Snorbs Thu 02-Dec-10 23:19:08

The "cotton soft" ones from BHS are doing well with my DD who has a habit of destroying tights.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: