Talk

Advanced search

DD needs some nice quality grey tights for school but where from?

(14 Posts)
LauraNorder Wed 01-Dec-10 18:22:05

She normally has M&S school tights but they have all got big holes in at the crotch and after reading their website it seems this is happening all the time and so I don't really want to replace them with more of the same.

Where can I get warm, quality, girls tights from?

PandaG Wed 01-Dec-10 18:23:06

Matalan ones doing well so far for my hard on clothes 8 yo

BooBooGlass Wed 01-Dec-10 18:24:24

John Lewis are the only tights my dd doesn't destroy. Avoid Sainsburys ones like the plague, she had a pair that lasted one lesson before ripping clean in half, front to back shock confused

Marne Wed 01-Dec-10 18:25:32

Next? they seem to last with my dd's.

MayorNaze Wed 01-Dec-10 18:26:21

H&M. or sainsburys
H&M better though

MayorNaze Wed 01-Dec-10 18:26:40

ok maybe not sainsburys blush

Lulumaam Wed 01-Dec-10 18:27:33

Zara, M&S or matalan IME

MadameCastafiore Wed 01-Dec-10 18:29:25

I second John Lewis - now buy all school wear there as it lasts and the colour doesn't wash out (had to take all fo DS and DDs jumpers back last year after a term as tyhey looked awful!) The lady at M&S refuted that they didn't look their bwst until I showed her internet print out of lots of complaints on their review page about colour washing out of jumpers!

I have had to take one cardigan back to John Lewis and they were fab - no quibbling - took it back and gave me an immediate refund!

Mind you I am sure I have a big huge red star flashing next to my name on their system due to amount I actually spend in there!

LauraNorder Wed 01-Dec-10 18:33:12

Already checked out John Lewis - out of stock in her size [size]

Next - also have a bad review.

H&M could only find cable tights, was I looking in the wrong place?

Will look at Zara and Matalan smile

nancydrewrockinaroundxmastree Wed 01-Dec-10 18:36:57

I bought some form Next and they have been pretty good. The M&S ones have literally disintergrated.

LauraNorder Wed 01-Dec-10 19:37:49

Was looking at the wrong Next ones, found the rights ones, guess what? Sold out in DD's size angry bugger!!!!!

bumpybecky Wed 01-Dec-10 19:41:55

not Asda - they have odd non fitting feet

MilaMae Thu 02-Dec-10 22:54:23

I always get Next,I size up big time so she has them for a loooong time. The feet are good,they don't look like Norah Batty if big either.I'm amazed you get on with M&S ones,I hate them,no foot.

Snorbs Thu 02-Dec-10 23:19:08

The "cotton soft" ones from BHS are doing well with my DD who has a habit of destroying tights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now