Talk

Advanced search

Hair wands - can you get them with changeable barrels so you can have different sized curls?

(6 Posts)
BendyBob Mon 29-Nov-10 10:31:02

Just wondering before I buy one for dd's.

One has long thick hair and the other shorter finer hair. I'm wondering if we'll need different sized barrels for each of them.

Sorry if this is a mad question but have no experience of hair wands. Dd's love those pretty ringlets they create.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 29-Nov-10 14:43:46

If you are thinking about this then it is a conical wand so it creates tight curls at one end or looser ones at the other end

BendyBob Mon 29-Nov-10 17:20:02

Thanks for your reply and link coconutssmile

That's the one I've been looking at. But I've got myself a bit confused because trawling online I've noticed there are others that are very thin and then fatter ones so I wondered if you could buy one that changed barrels.

I found one by 'yogi' (never heard of it) but it's mighty expensive and doesn't have very good reviews.

I'm probably overthinking this and should just get the Babyliss one. I've never used one myself - my hair is too shortconfused

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Tue 30-Nov-10 16:44:21

You can buy different sized ones but I'm not sure on the interchangeable barrels.

It's a mighty good idea though, get thee to Dragons' Den!!

The Babyliss one is on my amazon wishlist

sazm Tue 30-Nov-10 23:02:17

i've just bought one of these for dd.
i got an ionika one from tkmaxx for £19.99, they are £40 on their website,am pretty pleased with it,SO easy and quick to use,not quite so easy on your own hair,but really easy to do someone elses.

a few people that i spoke to said the babyliss one is good,as is the remington one

fuzzywuzzy Tue 30-Nov-10 23:11:20

Amika does curling irons with changeable barrels, I was thinking of getting Jose eber curling irons when I came across the amika one, no idea how good it would be tho sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now