Talk

Advanced search

Is Green and Blacks 85% being discontinued?

(8 Posts)
bran Sat 27-Nov-10 20:13:30

I was in a health food shop yesterday and they didn't have the 85% on the display so I asked at the counter. The assistant said that she thought that it had been discontinued. shock She double-checked her order book while I was there and it wasn't listed. sad

Is it being stopped forever or just not stocked by whatever wholesaler that shop uses? It's hard to get over here in Dublin, I've only ever seen it in Tesco, and I hate Tesco.

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Sat 27-Nov-10 20:17:40

It shouldn't be. IIRC, the company is part of Cadburys as it was sold to them a few years ago.

RedRosie Sat 27-Nov-10 20:23:13

Blimey. I hope not. I bought some in Waitrose a few days ago. Should I be stockpiling? ;-)

bran Sat 27-Nov-10 20:36:26

Cadburys has recently been bought by an American confectionary company (I can't remember which one now) so there might be some changes afoot.

Perhaps I'll email them.

Ryoko Sun 28-Nov-10 10:22:40

Kraft

bran Sun 28-Nov-10 22:07:31

That's them.

I've tried a few other dark chocolate bars, but I still like G&B the best.

Ryoko Mon 29-Nov-10 12:44:47

When I heard they was getting sold I so wanted Nestle to take em, I feel that they would have kept the statues quo going, where as Kraft all ways change what ever they get.

Have you tried some cheap arsed none brands/supermarket own ones?.

Half the ones sold as the cheapest own brand or in Nettos etc are German and they make the best. European chocolate is so much better then ours because they like the bitterness of Cocoa where as we don't, as a nation we like sweet milky barely chocolate at all stuff thats more cocoa butter then actual cocoa.

Read the labels and try German, Belgium or Italian etc.

Talking of chocolate I miss Marabou ain't seen it in years, love that stuff.

octopusinabox Wed 01-Dec-10 19:15:45

Aldi do an 85% choc that's lovely if you can't find anymore green and blacks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now