Talk

Advanced search

AA or RAC?

(9 Posts)
speaker Thu 25-Nov-10 13:47:39

Can anyone advise please?

sazm Thu 25-Nov-10 14:11:24

depends on which type of cover you want.

we have our car covered (anyone driving it,but we r not covered if driving anyone elses car)
its only about £6 a month,includes home start and recovery.

AA wouldnt cover our car only as its over 10yrs old.so for me and hubby to have same cover it was £180 with them,but they cover us in which ever car we are in.

we have 3 dc's so only ever travel in our own car.so opted for the rac cover as it was much cheaper.

we used to be with the aa and they were great the twice we used them,but they made so many mistakes with our cover and payments,kept taking the money at wrong time,told us we were covered when we actually weren't!

Over the years I've been with the RAC, Green Flag, Britannia rescue and GEM. The only one of those I wouldn't go back to for the right deal is the RAC.

I have a mate who was with the AA and he wouldn't ever go back to them.

www.greenflag.com/breakdown/rescuecover.html
www.motoringassist.com/
www.britanniarescue.com

speaker Thu 25-Nov-10 19:36:16

Ok thank you both for your comments.

nicm Sun 28-Nov-10 18:19:45

i would use anyone but the aa. when i had ds they renewed my policy and took money from previous years account. when i called to cancel it when i got home from hospital and opened post they charged me £34 to cancel it. was a lot of money to us at the time on smp and spp! hth.

Carameli Mon 29-Nov-10 09:39:58

I have to say I have had a great couple of years with the RAC and will be renewing again with my tesco vouchers when the time comes.
They have always got to me really really fast(with 3 children that is a high point for me) even when it has been a home start with a flat battery Very helpful.

HowsTheSerenity Mon 29-Nov-10 09:52:14

RAC - they let anyone call and get assistance. AA only lets the person who is registered do it. Deefinately go with RAC.

amicissima Mon 06-Dec-10 18:06:19

RAC - they cover older cars and motorbikes. Have always been fine on the many occasions I've called them.

BUT the premium creeps up every year, so you have to ring up and harangue them renegotiate.

saltcod Thu 09-Dec-10 03:49:18

RAC - expensive but great service. I wouldn't use the AA again after a bad experience (8 hour wait for tow truck).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now