Talk

Advanced search

What travel highchair? Or booster chair, should I say.

(11 Posts)
ChocFudgeCake Mon 22-Nov-10 21:47:10

With a tray, please

ChocFudgeCake Mon 22-Nov-10 21:47:59

Forgot to say, DD is 16 months.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 22-Nov-10 21:53:28

If you want a booster one this one is good.

Space dependant though, the Ikea Antilop doesn't take up a lot of space disassembled and that is fab! Much better for camping than the booster style (not sure if that's an issue for you?)

ChocFudgeCake Mon 22-Nov-10 22:04:08

Thanks. I think it has to be a booster because we'll take it overseas.

wineandpeanuts Mon 22-Nov-10 22:06:50

we have a phil & teds seat thingy that u can attach to ur table- it takes up no space and is fab- check out their website

GraceK Mon 22-Nov-10 22:10:48

Why does it need a tray table? We have a Handysitt at home & out - it folds down flat for travelling & looks quite nice too. Only problem we've ever had is in Chinese restaurants (not sure why just them) as they have chairs with very high backs & you can't hook it on.

Top tip for a booster seat - put a sticker with your mobile number on it - will save you driving on a 40-odd round trip to collect it when you've left behind after a good pub lunch blush

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 22-Nov-10 22:11:24

The ones that you attach to tables are no good at all when tables don't have four legs eg cafe style ones with a central leg, like you often find on holiday.

The strap onto a chair ones are much more flexible ime.

jellycat Mon 22-Nov-10 22:16:08

We had one very much like the one Iwish linked to and it was brilliant, used it loads.

wonka Wed 24-Nov-10 22:50:24

Folds totally flat its fantastic!
Me Too

mylifewithstrangers Wed 24-Nov-10 22:56:45

We have this one as an alternative to a high chair. Very comfy and can be used with or without the tray (tray is quite small though). Bit like a Handysitt, but with the tray. Folds into a carry bag, and is quite light. We use it daily and it is still in good nick. The covers wash in the machine very well (covers being the one disadvantage compared to an all plastic one that can go in a dishwasher).

We looked at the Mee Too (love them in Wagamamas), but you can only use them on tables that are totally solid - something we couldn't guarantee when travelling.

ChocFudgeCake Fri 26-Nov-10 13:00:44

thanks a lot for all posts. I wanted a tray because DD is very messy. I'll look up all these, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now