Talk

Advanced search

Energy plus Argos - trying to get a bargain...help please

(3 Posts)
PURPLESWAN Wed 10-Nov-10 14:03:00

OK im new to this, always thought it was a waste of time so never used it!

I have checked the "energyplus argos" site and the product discounts on there are negligible!

I see I can purchase "credit" for my card at 90p for every pound and this will be added to the card

My understanding is that once I have cash credited to my card I can use this as payment or part payment in an Argos Store.

SOOOOOO can I load the card up to the amount of the product I want to buy, therefore giving me a 10% discount AND use the energy points cash already on the card?

Would be interested to hear if anyone has successfully used it as they were unimpressed on Money Saving Expert!

PURPLESWAN Tue 16-Nov-10 11:42:34

Just in case anyone else has these and hasnt used them - I had over £100 on the card as points earned from the gas/electric

I bought additional credit on the energyplus agos site at 90p for £1 credit which was on the card the next day - effectively getting 10% discount on what I bought, useful at xmas.

twinklegillyb Wed 08-Jun-11 10:46:20

Hi all I'm hoping someone may be able to help me out of my predicament.

Basically I tried to use my energyplus Argos card when buying a camera only to be told there was only £5 in credit even though my credit when I called to check it was over £39.

I contacted energyplus who told me to ask Argos to call them as the credit was definitely on the card. They couldn't get through and told me it was nothing to do with them anyway.

I don't know where to go from here. Has anyone had a similar experience?
I'd really appreciate any advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: