Talk

Advanced search

Lockable diary/journal for boys

(14 Posts)
NotAnotherChinHair Mon 08-Nov-10 20:04:42

Where can I buy a lockable journal or diary for boys? There's a few options out there but all for girls; I haven't even seen anything remotely unisex. Any ideas anyone? Cheers.

plantsitter Mon 08-Nov-10 20:08:31

this one? www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-Five-Year-Diary-Black/dp/ B000J6F5KU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1289246859&sr=8- 2

thisisyesterday Mon 08-Nov-10 20:14:20

here

MilaMae Mon 08-Nov-10 20:24:40

M&S do a fab boys only one.My boys had it last year and I had to get it as party presents for all their mates so they could have a secret boys club.

It's got stickers in the middle and a skull and cross bones on the front.

It is a bit anti girl though however they do a girls one which dd insisted on having that is slightly anti boy.I was amazed at home much play value they got out of them.

NotAnotherChinHair Mon 08-Nov-10 21:55:27

Thank you all for your suggestions.
Plantsitter, that one is a bit too serious and grown up or a 6 year old I feel. I also don't really want it calendar style, just pages to write and draw.
This is Yesterday, so far that's the only possibility, but I feel they're overpriced; they're quite small, just 4 x 6"!!
MilaMae, M&S don't seem to have boys journals this year sad.
Would love more suggestions

MilaMae Wed 10-Nov-10 20:43:14

They still do the girl one online,it's part of the Boy Stuff range.I'd check your local store,ours had loads a few weeks ago.

Nospringflower Mon 29-Nov-10 18:01:32

I'm after one for my 6 year old as well and having the same problems as you. Did you ever find one Chinny!?

belgo Mon 29-Nov-10 18:03:24

The girls' ones are all rubbish anyway, the locks break almost immediately.

I plan on getting a proper padlock and attaching it to ddd1's book.

Nospringflower Mon 29-Nov-10 19:35:47

Can you get unisex ones that I could attach a proper padlock too then? Not sure if I'm being thick here but thinking they would need the special clasp to attach it to? Thanks

belgo Mon 29-Nov-10 20:03:00

I haven't quite worked out how I'm going to do that NoSpringFlower!

Nospringflower Mon 29-Nov-10 20:30:19

Lol - will let you know if I come up with crafty solution!

Nospringflower Mon 29-Nov-10 20:44:54

Found this one in Paperchase but not sure if its too girly?

ma466 Tue 08-Feb-11 17:32:18

Hi,
I am constantly looking for stationery for my 12 yr old:

i know you prop needed this befor the new year but

Heres a good one good price too:

http://www.funlearning.co.uk/creative-play/secret- stuff-for-boys-lockable-journal

Hope it helps.

Mary-Ann

jogacross Fri 17-May-13 17:56:04

www.purelyboys.co.uk do secret things for boys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now