Talk

Advanced search

Lockable diary/journal for boys

(14 Posts)
NotAnotherChinHair Mon 08-Nov-10 20:04:42

Where can I buy a lockable journal or diary for boys? There's a few options out there but all for girls; I haven't even seen anything remotely unisex. Any ideas anyone? Cheers.

plantsitter Mon 08-Nov-10 20:08:31

this one? www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-Five-Year-Diary-Black/dp/ B000J6F5KU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1289246859&sr=8- 2

thisisyesterday Mon 08-Nov-10 20:14:20

here

MilaMae Mon 08-Nov-10 20:24:40

M&S do a fab boys only one.My boys had it last year and I had to get it as party presents for all their mates so they could have a secret boys club.

It's got stickers in the middle and a skull and cross bones on the front.

It is a bit anti girl though however they do a girls one which dd insisted on having that is slightly anti boy.I was amazed at home much play value they got out of them.

NotAnotherChinHair Mon 08-Nov-10 21:55:27

Thank you all for your suggestions.
Plantsitter, that one is a bit too serious and grown up or a 6 year old I feel. I also don't really want it calendar style, just pages to write and draw.
This is Yesterday, so far that's the only possibility, but I feel they're overpriced; they're quite small, just 4 x 6"!!
MilaMae, M&S don't seem to have boys journals this year sad.
Would love more suggestions

MilaMae Wed 10-Nov-10 20:43:14

They still do the girl one online,it's part of the Boy Stuff range.I'd check your local store,ours had loads a few weeks ago.

Nospringflower Mon 29-Nov-10 18:01:32

I'm after one for my 6 year old as well and having the same problems as you. Did you ever find one Chinny!?

belgo Mon 29-Nov-10 18:03:24

The girls' ones are all rubbish anyway, the locks break almost immediately.

I plan on getting a proper padlock and attaching it to ddd1's book.

Nospringflower Mon 29-Nov-10 19:35:47

Can you get unisex ones that I could attach a proper padlock too then? Not sure if I'm being thick here but thinking they would need the special clasp to attach it to? Thanks

belgo Mon 29-Nov-10 20:03:00

I haven't quite worked out how I'm going to do that NoSpringFlower!

Nospringflower Mon 29-Nov-10 20:30:19

Lol - will let you know if I come up with crafty solution!

Nospringflower Mon 29-Nov-10 20:44:54

Found this one in Paperchase but not sure if its too girly?

ma466 Tue 08-Feb-11 17:32:18

Hi,
I am constantly looking for stationery for my 12 yr old:

i know you prop needed this befor the new year but

Heres a good one good price too:

http://www.funlearning.co.uk/creative-play/secret- stuff-for-boys-lockable-journal

Hope it helps.

Mary-Ann

jogacross Fri 17-May-13 17:56:04

www.purelyboys.co.uk do secret things for boys

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: