Talk

Advanced search

Sticklebricks - have they stopped making them?

(11 Posts)
catski Sat 06-Nov-10 13:27:28

I wanted to get some for DD. Have to buy online as don't live in the UK but am coming home for christmas. So far I have looked at tesco direct, argos, amazon, toysrus, hawkins, john lewis, toymaster.co.uk, elc, toysdirect.com.

Nada.

Have searched earlier threads and seen something about a product recall in 2008, but have they stopped making them altogether? I see that something called Clipo seems to be widely available and is similar, but it's not the same is it (harkens back to 70s childhood with misty eyes).

Issy42 Sat 06-Nov-10 16:05:44

Try here http://www.sticklebricks.org.uk/

collision Sat 06-Nov-10 16:07:26

here

TheVeryLazyLadybird Sat 06-Nov-10 16:11:17

It has indeed vanished!

Think its been replaced by these

collision Sat 06-Nov-10 16:15:24

Ahem Ladybird did you see my link?

TheVeryLazyLadybird Sun 07-Nov-10 09:02:23

Ok, I'll reword that...

They're not available freely like they used to be.
The very few websites that do sell them have to source their stock.

You can't just go into the big stores that catski named and pick up a box.
The big stores now stock Clipo, which is the nearest thing to stickle bricks.

Thats what I meant! grin

catski Sun 07-Nov-10 13:26:47

Thank you very much for the links.

How strange that they're not freely available anymore. I wonder why the powers that be have decided to sideline them in favour of clippo. Perhaps they hurt less when trodden on by unsuspecting parents???

TheVeryLazyLadybird Sun 07-Nov-10 16:59:13

Does that mean Lego will be next to go!? confused
Nothing hurts like stepping on Lego grin

twirlymum Sun 07-Nov-10 17:11:23

Sticklebricks always looked great when we were younger, but we never had them sad
Now DC's have them, and I am very underwhelmed. They don't stick together, terrible lack of variety of shapes, very expensive, and are always full of fluff/playdoh/hair (yuk).

Lego is far superior.

champagnesupernova Sun 07-Nov-10 17:23:49

You can buy them on ebay- usually by weight, quick rinse in the dishwasher good as new.

DancingIceDragons Sun 07-Nov-10 17:30:55

They were ruled dangerous by the health and safety idoits. They felt that the little spikes that make them stickle bricks posed a chocking risk hmmhmm

Fucking idoits they were fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now