Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cargo Bikes Anyone?

(5 Posts)
KerryFairy Tue 02-Nov-10 20:20:43

I have been wanting to buy a cargo bike for over a year and have finally persuaded DH to let me get one.

I have tried the bakfiets two wheel one and it was wobbly but fun. Has anyone got one what do you think?

I would love a bellabike which is what I first had my eye on but can't find a second hand one and have a budget of £1000 tops, which is a shame.

I fancy a three wheel one but haven't had a test ride in any yet, I think the nihola (sp?) is too small a box my kids are older.

Anyone tried the Babboe Bike? Its just over my budget but love the fact you can customise the box as I want to advertise my business while riding it. I did contact them to offer to be an agent for them in my area but didn't get a reply but it was worth a shot.

Any feedback greatly received.
thanks
kerry

ragged Wed 03-Nov-10 14:07:37

You could join the CTC and see what their product guides say, also try their forums or Bikeradar fora for experiences.

doyourworst Fri 23-Mar-12 14:52:03

Bumping this thread to see if anyone writes back... I'm in the market for green school-run transport so have a vested interest in the feedback!

CatieS Mon 16-Jul-12 14:23:06

Hi all, if anyone's interested, I'm selling my secondhand Bellabike here http://www.mumsnet.com/local/norwich/nearly-news/4897-bella-bike-4-cargo-family-delivery-bike-trike-tricycle-like-christiania-bakfiets-trikidoo, it's in near perfect condition. Thanks

64wmx Thu 11-May-17 10:58:18

We have had one for 9 months and it is the best purchase I have ever made. Read my review of ours:
albertomzanni.wordpress.com/2017/05/02/urban-arrow-family-cargo-bike-review/
I have also written a guide to buying a cargo bike in the UK
albertomzanni.wordpress.com/2017/04/10/a-beginners-guide-to-buying-a-cargo-bike/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now