Talk

Advanced search

Ironing Board - Any Recommendations?

(4 Posts)
TidyBush Tue 31-Aug-10 00:06:30

Can anyone recommend a good,sturdy and long lasting ironing board?

I had one for years and years that was a kind of compressed wood chip but eventually my steam iron killed it as it ended up with a big dent where it got too wet.

I've now got one with a wire mesh board but no matter how thick a cover I put on it the shape of the mesh eventually imprints on my ironed clothes and it's also going rusty.

So I need a nice robust board that is suitable for use with a steam iron (and can cope with me being rubbish at filling said iron as I usually end up spilling the ironing water onto the board blush).

I don't mind about the price as I'd rather pay more for one that lasts.

TIA

Clary Tue 31-Aug-10 00:14:05

This brabantia is what you need I admit it's wire mesh but it has a 10yr guarantee. I have one similar and the mesh is showing through now but that's because it needs a new cover. And I've had it for yrs and yrs.

Note that the amazon reviewers are virtually unanimous, v unusual IME. £71 is a good price for that too.

TidyBush Tue 31-Aug-10 10:11:26

Thanks for that Clary.

cherry6052 Sun 09-Feb-14 11:38:35

All i see now is mesh ironing boards, so trying to find out if the mesh pattern comes through the fabric i'm ironing. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now