Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best lightweight stroller.........recommendations please....?

(17 Posts)
BunnyBoo Sun 21-Aug-05 21:29:14

Hi,

Does anyone know any good lightweight strollers that i can get at a resonable price? We just want one for when we go away to majorca as we have a maclaren vogue but find it a bit heavy to be lugging around.

Any good links to lightweight strollers or recommendations.

TIA for your help.

bran Sun 21-Aug-05 21:35:55

I have a Volo that I use for going on public transport as it's so light (4.2 kg), it also folds down very small and has a carry strap so that you can sling it ove your shoulder. It doesn't recline though so if your child is quite young or likes to sleep in a buggy it wouldn't be suitable. There's also the Mothercare basic stroller which is quite cheap and does recline, I've heard reasonably good things about it but I haven't seen one in action.

Gobbledigook Sun 21-Aug-05 21:37:11

Hey bunnyboo - thanks for this thread! I'm also thinking of a cheapie stroller for when we go to Majorca next May!

BunnyBoo Sun 21-Aug-05 21:39:03

My ds is 2.11 but i need the stroller for holiday as he is a run away child and reins just don't work for him. Also want it because if we go out and walk around he gets tired after a while. i will just look at links thanks keep em coming

bran Sun 21-Aug-05 21:39:56

I've just seen this one on Mothercare. It looks very similar to a Volo, and about the same weight and it's very, very cheap so you could just abandon it at the end of the holiday if it's no good.

Hulababy Sun 21-Aug-05 21:40:04

Voite for the Volo here. Very light and great for using on holiday

BunnyBoo Sun 21-Aug-05 21:40:46

Where abouts are you off to Gdg? we are off to alcudia on sept 3rd. Can not wait really need the break.

BunnyBoo Sun 21-Aug-05 21:42:51

Thanks bran great prices is well its just making my mind up time now

MummyJules Sun 21-Aug-05 21:44:51

Maclaren Volo is fantastic and has a great carry strap - very useful!

bran Sun 21-Aug-05 21:45:08

I am turning into the buggy queen bunnyboo. I have just bought my 3rd (I only have one ds).

BunnyBoo Sun 21-Aug-05 21:47:59

Well bran i am not far behind......i brought one of the whole travel system things before ds was born then only used it for 6 months and then my mum brought me the maclaren vogue and i have used that ever since i have found it fab, but for this holiday i just thought it would be alot better to have something lightweight and less bulky as we have enough luggage

I am pregnant so i suppose whatever i buy and can keep and use again for holidays and things.

Gobbledigook Sun 21-Aug-05 21:55:37

Bunnyboo - look on ebay under strollers - there is a baby good company selling a nice plain black stroller that reclines - they've got loads of them and at the minute all are at 99p with no bids on! I'm keeping me eye on those! £10 postage but even if you bought one for a fiver it's only costing you £15. They are brand new.

Gobbledigook Sun 21-Aug-05 21:56:46

Not going till next May but going to Puerto Pollensa. I can't wait either and it's ages off yet! Just nice to have something to look forward to. We are going with my Mum, Dad, brother and his girlfriend (5 of us, me, dh and 3 ds's under 5) all in a villa.

BunnyBoo Sun 21-Aug-05 21:58:47

Thanks Gdg will have a look on ebay.

Sounds like a lot of fun at least you have something to look forward to for next yr always think thats a good idea.

We are going to visit my sister as she works out there and obviously we would love a holiday too

Janbo25 Sun 21-Aug-05 22:25:17

I'm off to majorca tomorrow and have just bought a maclaren techno xt for ds who is 7 months

Charlee Sun 21-Aug-05 22:26:32

i have a mothercare jive one its really good, i live in an upstairs flatt and its easily light enough for me to carry it downthe stairs with ds in it!

SleepySuzy Mon 22-Aug-05 07:20:53

Cossatto Helix, has without a doubt been the best I have had so far - and I've had lots!! It is very easy to fold, fairly light, and very east to steer. I bought it to go to Italy, and it was easy to transport and looks good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now