Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

OK, Probably one of THE most boring questions ever but...

(12 Posts)
DelGirl Sun 21-Aug-05 14:15:48

I need a new lawnmower. Yep, sad isn't it?!! Well, I did buy a new one a couple of years ago but it's just not powerful enough and takes forever. I chose it because it was the lightest one and it collects grass.

So, what do you or your DH, DP recommend? Preferably a hover, that collects the grass and is fairly lightweight.

Thanks

Oh, and prefer to pay less than £100

cadbury Sun 21-Aug-05 14:18:50

Not sure about what's good I'm afraid - just wanted to let you know that the Homebase near us is having it's 10% day today I think and has lots of lawn mowers on special if you happen to have a homebase near you.

Hello, btw - how are things?

fairydust Sun 21-Aug-05 14:25:30

we've got this one from b&q light enough for me to use but does a good neat job.

DelGirl Sun 21-Aug-05 14:27:05

Thanks Cadbury . I may give my local one a call then and see if they're doing it. Is it usually 10% off everything, even in the sale?

I'm very well btw and so is DD. She's a real poppet, she really is and she makes my day, every day! She's asleep at the mo, which is quite nice as I've been able to have a nice lunch and do a few bits. How's things with you?

DelGirl Sun 21-Aug-05 14:29:27

thanks everso fairydust, was thinking of that one or the vision 3800, just want to know what they're really like iykwim. I'll have a look and see if they're at homebase. Did you know that Argos is part of Homebase now and there webpage is almost identical? Gosh, don't I sound a sad muppet !

cadbury Sun 21-Aug-05 14:47:22

Doing fine delgirl. Glad to hear you are getting on well. Think of you often.

I think it does mean 10% off everything at homebase.

bensmum3 Sun 21-Aug-05 15:19:36

We have a petrol motor lawn mower, much more powerful, but easy to use than our old hovver mower.

DelGirl Sun 21-Aug-05 15:41:58

thanks bensmum but i'd be too scared to use a petrol one tbh.

DelGirl Sun 21-Aug-05 17:15:04

is it worth bumping? Very quiet on here today

bensmum3 Sun 21-Aug-05 18:37:41

DelGirl, I was a bit nervous the 1st time I used the petrol one, but there's nothing to it, put the petrol in. switch it on, and pull the cord, maybe a bit noisier, but not much .I even use the petrol strimmer now, feel a bit stupid with the eye goggles on, but take them off and you soon realise why they are necessary.

DelGirl Sun 21-Aug-05 19:20:25

nope, stil not convinced, sorry

DelGirl Mon 22-Aug-05 13:19:47

anyone else?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: