Talk

Advanced search

present for a new mum

(17 Posts)
TwinSetAndPearls Fri 19-Aug-05 19:44:23

A good friend has just had a baby girl,it is her first baby. I wanted to buy a present for her/the baby that could post or have delivered. What suggestions do mumsnetters have?

morningpaper Fri 19-Aug-05 19:45:40

Not flowers - our house was like a crematorium and I had to donate a load to the church.

A babysitting voucher would be nice!

Or some make-up or nice toiletries for the mum.

morningpaper Fri 19-Aug-05 19:46:25

didn't someone recommend some posh Clinique undereye shadow disguiser today - that would be PERFECT!

desperatehousewife Fri 19-Aug-05 19:48:53

I always send a delivery of food round to friends who have just had a child - nice stuff either from a local organic type food delivery place, or even tescos or sainsburys....muffin type things, as they are going to have a house of people traipsing through for the next couple of weeks, nice to be able to wheel out the biccies and muffins.

morningpaper Fri 19-Aug-05 19:49:36

oooh yes lovely idea

dinny Fri 19-Aug-05 19:49:40

not flowers, agree with MP! how about a mini hamper - from Fortunm & Mason maybe... Mmmmmm. bubbly and some yummy truffles?

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 19-Aug-05 19:50:21

I like the idea of getting something for her rather than the baby, food or pampering products would go down well!

I live up here in Lancashire though and she is in London, any ideas of who I could use.

dinny Fri 19-Aug-05 19:50:36

sorry, mean FortNUM, obviously

desperatehousewife Fri 19-Aug-05 19:51:56

I always found www.foodferry.com very good in London.

dinny Fri 19-Aug-05 19:52:05

ooh, will have a think....

Tipex Fri 19-Aug-05 19:52:45

someone sent me some lovely foot spray and some slippers. i thought it unusual at the time, but after a few nights of DH rubbbing my feet with the spray which was fab, and then using the slippers for those endless evenings going up and down to baby I thought it had been a wonderful gift!
For something postable, how about a good girlie DVD? i got sent love actually and it helped while away the hours breastfeeding really well!!

dinny Fri 19-Aug-05 19:53:34

maybe order from F & M's website...? http://www.fortnumandmason.com/shopping/hampers/advisor/

dinny Fri 19-Aug-05 19:55:33

ooh, I would have loved gift voucher from Blooming Marvellous or somewhere to buy nice nursing bra (ie Elle MacPherson!)

dinny Fri 19-Aug-05 19:55:34

ooh, I would have loved gift voucher from Blooming Marvellous or somewhere to buy nice nursing bra (ie Elle MacPherson!)

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 19-Aug-05 19:56:22

Am going out to walk the dog, will come back and check out the links.

ionaming Fri 19-Aug-05 20:02:15

How about a gift voucher for a local beauty parlour for a haircut, pedicure or massage or something. I would have loved this! I recently bought my SIL a tree to plant when she had her first baby. And one of the best things I received was "dinner" - lots of M&S microwave/oven cook bits & bobs

tortoiseshell Fri 19-Aug-05 20:03:54

Agree food is good, or one nice thing I got was a story tape (think was Philip Pullman) for listening to while doing night feeds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now