Talk

Advanced search

25th Wedding Anniversary present ideas please!

(11 Posts)
Lmccrean Fri 19-Aug-05 13:14:37

Its my parents 25th wedding anniversary in 3 weeks and I have no idea what to get them, or what to do for them!

They are already going away on a cruise in November to celebrate, so no point in sending them away for a weekend (is there???)

We usually have a family meal on big occasions, where all family in NI turn up - but I cant afford to feed and water 20 people!

Thought about cooking a meal, but would have to be in parents house as they wouldnt all fit in my flat. Would it be rude to ask them to have it in their house??

Budgets small too - wee bro is unlikely to contribute more than a tenner.

Help!

munz Fri 19-Aug-05 13:19:20

we did a family portrait pic the sitting was £10.00 and then we got a package which in all was £100 but that was quite an expensive one as they had about 6 pics, I think the one for one pic was only about £20 as well as the £10.

don't think it would be rude to ask them to have a party in their house, could you perhaps do it as a surprise one? erm.. and food, well if u do value everything etc.. and iceland deals then it shouldn't be too much for 20 ppl. (could suggest drink a bottle or alternativly is htere family close who'd pitch in wiht the food?)

MaloryTowers Fri 19-Aug-05 13:32:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Fri 19-Aug-05 13:36:33

Like MT , how about a potluck type picnic or buffet, where every family brings along something such as a salad, savoury or dessert to share. Can you afford to hire a local hall to keep it a surprise ?

Lmccrean Fri 19-Aug-05 13:49:39

thanks for the help ladies! Love the portrait idea as we havent had one done since 1992! And then have a home cooked meal afterwards?!

Lmccrean Fri 19-Aug-05 13:52:20

MaloryTowers - a lovely idea, but since I cant drive would be tough getting them to drive us all there without giving it away!

ionaming Fri 19-Aug-05 20:03:38

We did the family portrait thingy too.......my parents loved it!

Cam Fri 19-Aug-05 20:20:28

Put the portrait in a silver-plated frame as it is silver anniversary?

puff Fri 19-Aug-05 20:32:22

If you are trying to keep the cost down, what about buying a BIG photo frame and doing a montage of family photos? I did this for my dh's 40th birthday and he was (and still is) thrilled with it - it's on one of our kitchen wall - everyone who visits really like it.

Another idea - for my sister's 21st (about 12 years ago) I did a "This is Your Life" album - a chronological book of her life, with captions etc. She still treasures this.

Lmccrean Sat 20-Aug-05 13:33:58

love your idea puff...3 of my mums sisters live in england and 1 in canada so couldnt get whole family in, which I would have liked...will phone them all today and get them to send photos over and put it in a silver frame too!

thanks everyone for your input.. aunt said I might be able to have a family party at her house, and she would make up an excuse for them to come visit a few days before the anniversary, so it will remain a surprise party! (then i realised its my aunts 10th wedding anniversary today..felt bad for not getting her anything while making such a fuss over parents!)

kbaby Sun 21-Aug-05 21:58:21

My mum and dad were bought a silver birch tree for their silver wedding anniversary with a engraved plaque. It takes pride of place in the garden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now