Talk

Advanced search

HELP REALLY NEED ADVICE NOW

(6 Posts)
mumov3 Wed 11-Nov-09 14:24:57

my DD started school this year, not too great a start but settled down started making friends of her own (has her bf in her class) and I rejoyced. BF's mum was a bit upset that DD wasn't playing with her DD as much - BF is a quite unsecure and needy. After the oct break its been awful getting DD to school she has been hysterical every morning and sobbing and begging for me on the way into school. pls help need your advice. she says she hates the dinner hall and i would love to meet her for lunch but DH says its making a rod for our own backs .... she is now refusing to do anything with any other friends it has to be with bf, even going to parties.

displayuntilbestbefore Wed 11-Nov-09 14:26:21

confused from your post as to which dd wasn't playing as much with which dd?

mumov3 Wed 11-Nov-09 15:04:54

my DD wasn't playing with my friend's DD as much. she has now forgotten all her new friends and gone back to friend's DD as her one and only friend.

MrsGravy Wed 11-Nov-09 15:56:27

What exactly does she hate about the dinner hall? One of DD's friends had this issue and it was because she was having dinners and all her friends had sandwiches and they seat them seperately. Her mum asked if she could be sat with her friends, they agreed and the issue is all sorted.

Has your daughter given you any more info about why she doesn't want to play with the other kids?

TBH, if your daughter is unable or unwilling to tell you much more, I'd go and speak to the teacher and see if she can work out exactly what the problem is.

Avendesora Wed 11-Nov-09 17:40:40

You could ask if you could go in for lunch one day, eat with the children, see what happens etc.

Seededbiatch Wed 11-Nov-09 17:51:46

You have to get the bottom of the why your DD hates the dinner hall so much. It will be the time when she is expected to queue up, if she has dinners, choose her lunch and carry her plate or if she has sandwiches she will have to find her lunchbox and sort herself out.

If she doesn't queue up at the same time as her friend she may not end up sitting with her, she may end up sitting with other people from her class or year who she has taken a temporary dislike to.

What sort of lunch does your DD have and is it the same as her BF? There's an easy start, if their not eating the same thing they may be split and she may feel lonely.

There will also be older children there ans she may a bit intimated.

Is she a fussy eater?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now