Talk

Advanced search

Applying for a primary school place

(6 Posts)
allaboutme Mon 09-Nov-09 21:40:35

I am about to apply for a school place for my DS but am confused about something...

We are very close to school A and school B in terms of catchment. School A is good, school B is ok.
There is also school C slightly further away (still walkable, less than a mile away!). It is excellent, but also catholic and as we are not, our chances of getting a place are v slim!

If I put on my application
1st choice school C
2nd choice school A
3rd choice school B

Will the fact that I have school C as 1st choice upset my chances of getting into school A?

Basically, is it no loss at all and worth a shot to put school C down, or is it better to put school A as first choice seeing as getting into school C is so slim anyway and I dont want to end up with not getting into C or A!!

Any ideas?? thank you! smile

captainpig Mon 09-Nov-09 22:46:16

See this thread here particularly the information by poster BetsyBoop

allaboutme Mon 09-Nov-09 22:53:06

Thank you, that really helps!

captainpig Tue 10-Nov-09 13:44:20

I'm sure you realise that there will probably be an additional application form from the Catholic school to complete as well.

Good luck.

allaboutme Tue 10-Nov-09 20:57:06

No, I didnt realise that, thank you.
I am meeting with the head teacher there next week for a chat, so will ask about that then.

BeehiveBaby Wed 11-Nov-09 14:05:16

I noticed today that 3 out of 26 in DD1s Catholic nursery class aren't baptised (list on wall....bizarre!). They certainly make out that you have to be to get a place.

Off to read that thread....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now