Talk

Advanced search

school gate "friendships"

(7 Posts)
littlemisschatalot Tue 03-Nov-09 16:06:56

all through reception i was friends with a group of 4 other mums...our dds had been at nursery school together. we went out occassionally, and last time i saw them was at a summer do. we were all drunk and i cant remember any cross words..to cut a long stort short, they still all speak to me individually, but it is clear i have been cast out of the clique, nights out have happenned and i havnt been invited etc..but they all still speak to me on the playground, and all dds are stil pally.
should i just forget about them, and find some more friends or try to find out what i have done? tbh, i am hurt, but not that bothered as we didnt have much in common anyway, except our kids. but still to think you are unpopular is not nice.

Hullygully Tue 03-Nov-09 16:08:16

Could you ask just one of them what has happened?

littlemisschatalot Tue 03-Nov-09 16:10:03

i feel a bit playground...iykwim? like "why are you not my friend?"

WowOoo Tue 03-Nov-09 16:10:26

Do they have your number?

Why don't you suggest a night out?

If you get an excuse, move on! Life's too short.

Feelingsensitive Tue 03-Nov-09 20:10:25

I wouldn't ask anyone either as unless they know you well it may come across as a bit desperate. Next time you are all together in the playground why don't you suggest a night out. Be quite exact like, anyone busy next wednesday, lets try out that pizza place. Just see what they say. If they all say no then just keep things a little more casual. Polite at the schoool gates and that's it. Personally, I have tried to keep my distance with people in school. I will happily chat at the school gates and arrange holiday play dates but I would be unlikely to go on a night out. I just think it could get a bit messy. But that may explain why I don't have loads of friends wink

Kitchens Tue 03-Nov-09 21:54:00

I'd go with arranging the night out too and move on if no joy. Schoolgates ... I hate em ... worse than being at school.

tillykins Tue 03-Nov-09 21:56:16

thats awful, I'd hate not knowing what its all about
Is there one who is a bit friendlier than the other three that you could approach?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now