Talk

Advanced search

Does any one know of any web sites to help phonics learning??

(6 Posts)
drivinmecrazy Mon 02-Nov-09 17:30:46

DD2 is a very young reception baby (AUGUST 25). DD1 is yr4 and didn't do phonics learning. i really want to support DD2 in the afternoons as she only does (and will only do) 9-12 until easter, but loves the computer. She is very able with th PC so want to combine her interest with a bit of supported learning at home but have no idea about the phonics system. Have tried to find some sites with the phonic sounds and pictures, but only free sites I can find are in an American accent. Would love to relate to what she does at school (i.e. ant running up her arm or snake slithering past) but it's all greek and quite strange to me

eleanorsmum Mon 02-Nov-09 17:39:49

phonicsplay.co.uk
is a good one and anything by jolly phonics too.
try and find out which phonics system they use at school and search online for that. jolly phonics is quite common and redily available at early leanrning centre too.
Hope thats helps, neveer too young to start!

primarymum Mon 02-Nov-09 17:46:45

Well, if there are ants running up arms, that would be Jolly Phonics! They do a cd-rom for PC's but I don't think anything specifically online

primarymum Mon 02-Nov-09 17:49:51

Phoneme pop is a good one , with clear sounding phonemes
http://www.ictgames.com/phonemeFlop_v4.html
and there are others at
http://www.familylearning.org.uk/phonics_games.html you might like

maverick Mon 02-Nov-09 18:01:31

My recommendations are:

www.kented.org.uk/ngfl/games/literacy_menu.html Free. Several phonics games to play online.

To buy: Jolly Phonics interactive games on CD-ROM: 20 games / 3 levels. jollylearning.co.uk/2009%20UK%20Catalogue.pdf

mrz Mon 02-Nov-09 18:02:24

As a teacher I'll second www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
I use it with my reception class and they love the games.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now