Talk

Advanced search

Where can i find a school list of books suitable for dd's ability?

(7 Posts)
PinkChick Tue 20-Oct-09 17:57:09

Shes been getting books that are no challenge at all, she has been able to read and discuss her books for months, but has been on the same level since early summer..she ahs just started getting books that are more challenging on same number level, but id be interested to see if theres a list of books the school MUST work through or if they are just holding her back to keep in line with some of the other children?

not a big prob as we read plenty at home, but has been known at school to let some children sit and wait till others catch up and i dont want this to happen again.
TIA

mrz Tue 20-Oct-09 18:40:53

There isn't a list of books the school MUST work through it is up to the school to decide their policy on progression.

ihatemyjob Tue 20-Oct-09 18:56:03

What age is she? There is the Cliff Moon books where lots of reading scheme books and real books are divided into different levels. Some schools use this system so children get to read a range of books not just one reading scheme. Not sure what age it goes up to. Am not sure if you have to buy the book or could look at it at a library.

PinkChick Tue 20-Oct-09 19:09:30

MRZ..ive been told by the school/her teacher that they have to go through all the books in this level before they can move her on!?

ihatemyjob - shes 6 and at home we read books with full pages or normal sized writing (amelia jane, lauras star, those fairy with names books)...tonights was much better, but have been useless recently as she sails through without having to look?

mrz Tue 20-Oct-09 20:28:23

They don't HAVE to they may decide they are going to.

PinkChick Wed 21-Oct-09 09:35:38

smile..which ever, they have to or choose to, i just wanted to know if there was a difinitive list...ill ask school. Thanks

mrz Wed 21-Oct-09 17:46:24

Only the school will be able to tell you as it is their list as there are no national rule (lists) that schools must follow. good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now