Talk

Advanced search

My Yr1 dd is being ignored by a girl she calls her friend.

(3 Posts)
brownieMum Fri 16-Oct-09 09:58:18

Today I felt sorry for my dd in the playground. She screamed and ran over to the girl she calls her friend and she totally ignored her. Although I know that there are other children in her class whom she can play with well, she is always has got that friend of hers in her mind. Everytime she goes over to what she calls her friend in the playground and all the time she is ignored.I think my dd is pushing over the friendship and I just feel nothing but sad this morning. She is then left standing alone and just starring and today went and pulled her over. I know that even if I make an effort which I have already done she will still want to go over that girl. She does tennis, attends an after school club at times, does dancing classes outside school and she also goes to a sunday school at a local church. When she is doing these extra activities she plays well with the children and she is happy however when we arrive at her school gate she thinks of nothing but her friend.

Flyonthewindscreen Fri 16-Oct-09 13:17:42

How about inviting some of the other children in your DD's class she plays well with round for a play/tea? See if you can encourage her to make a wider circle of friends at school.

saythatagain Fri 16-Oct-09 13:26:42

Isn't it awful? A 'friend' in dd's class is quite cruel to her and dd will persist in trying to be her friend. Making her cards with hearts on etc. I've tried the walk away approach but she (dd) says she must keep trying - it breaks my heart sad. I suppose its all part of life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now